Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing on a Sunday??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

lou

Any help here would be great full. Thanks in advance.

What do you guys reckon the the success rate will be on a Sunday?? :rolleyes:

what start time do u think is appropriate?? 10am too early?:zzz:

Never canvassed on a Sunday before, & haven't done any residential window canvassing since October last year.:cool:

Think iv'e still got it though!

Hopefully?:whistle:

Have been getting my schedule done in like 20 odd days & could do with another monkey per month./emoticons/biggrin.png

Not sure I read somewhere not to canvass on Sunday. I've been thinking about doing it myself on a Sunday because EVERYBODY is home but might annoy a lot of people.

Knock on my door at 10am on a Sunday and see what happens Lou! /emoticons/tongue.png

I personally (if knocking on a Sunday) do so from 11am till about 3 or 4.

Success depends on how many people want your service /emoticons/smile.png

I would canvass in the afternoon,people will be washing cars,collecting leaves etc.it will give you a perfect opportunity.just watch the xmas brigade,promising too sign up only to be a first clean.also target shops.i put a price on the leaflet & push it through.

sundays a good a day as any, when knocking doors you dont know whos gonna answer or what mood they will be in, if you can knock doors on a monday you can knock on a sunday surely. More people are in so you will probably get told to feck off more and pick up more custies

if you need the work,go get it

but dont quit early -often a slow start is rewarded with a very satisfying finish

so set your plough deep,and plough on

View attachment 5873

@boarcity the plough references are intense. :D Love it!!!
you into that stuff? iv been to a few ploughing competitions over the years . dont know if you know Paul Heiney [of TV fame] he lives locally and is often a judge. i had a run in with him, on the way to a competition, i caused him to lose control in his SAAB car when i drove at him in a Sherpa van, we was driving at about 60mph at the time on a dirt road nearly a head-on collision , his face was a picture

Last edited:
Any help here would be great full. Thanks in advance.
What do you guys reckon the the success rate will be on a Sunday?? :rolleyes:

what start time do u think is appropriate?? 10am too early?:zzz:

Never canvassed on a Sunday before, & haven't done any residential window canvassing since October last year.:cool:

Think iv'e still got it though!

Hopefully?:whistle:

Have been getting my schedule done in like 20 odd days & could do with another monkey per month./emoticons/biggrin.png
In all customer service situations you can never go too far wrong with putting yourself in the customers shoes. If you had been out Saturday evening and wanted to lay in bed, would you want someone to knock your door. I find that dry light evenings are about the best, Weekend afternoons as well. Hope this helps.

Haven't canvased for years myself, but in my opinion, Sunday afternoon yes but not Sunday mornings.

As for watching ploughing......no, I'll keep my mouth shut /emoticons/wink.png

Just out of curiosity dose anyone have any stats on the best days / time to canvass. my gut tells me Fridays afternoon would be better than Sunday or Monday coz people are generally happier at the start of the weekend. Also do you get better response at the end of the month / begging of new month just after they have all been paid?

Whizz-Bizz do you have any stats on this you would like to share?

In my personal opinion mon to fri 10-2 then 4-8 are best times during the week and sat and sunday 10-3. The best day hour for hour is actually a Sunday. But just remember if your going to have an argument about knocking a door, Sunday is the 1.

To be fair in all these years Ive knocked doors, Ive only had maybe 6 hairy moments.

I'd canvass on a sun, but late morn to 3 ish, maybe later, ppl be out washing cars, more chance of them being in, can only try it if u want more custys

Latest Posts

Back