Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DIY water fed poles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Wow love the curly hose. Does it just spring off as you need more how do you get it to curl. Like the tap to. That's what I need. Can you show the other end. I'm intreged to see how you got away without cutting the pole unless my Harris 5mtr has a different thread.

th pipe just streches each time i put the pole up and down, never losses shape!!! the other end has tape on, but it was just a normal bruch thread, like you get on the plastic angle joints

Nice pole pal, I got a Harris pole for fathers day! Just ordered a German thread insert, and a screw on resi neck, plus My mum has a green coiled hose out her back which I think I will be borrowing!!

Will ring in the morning and order 4 jets so they be here on Friday!!

Very nice looking pole there chap think i might knock one up like that myself ,

ideal for my backpack and dont have to keep collecting hose when my pole is not extended .

Too big, they had broom handles blue red and green, that's only ones i seen, was £2 something.. But I bought a German thread insert yesterday but it was a bit loose, so I just put tape round that to keep it tight. So the Harris broom piece I used to make a 2nd DIY pole out of A different pole I had in the shed

I've tried the curly hose on outside of Harris and can't get on with it, I find it gets in way when I'm extending or pulling pole down. Different hose to rc's though.

Whats the inside diameter rc of yours do ya know offhand.

I've tried the curly hose on outside of Harris and can't get on with it, I find it gets in way when I'm extending or pulling pole down. Different hose to rc's though.

i'll find out for you and let you know later

it has 1/4" fittings on it, i would ssay the pipe its 9-10mm od and about 8mm id.

it takes some getting used to but once you got the hang of it, its as easy as anything! plus you got that advantage of no piles of pipe training behind u when you do the low windows!

Might have another look, I'll bet it's not as firm as the one I got anyway. Might just bite the bullet and buy a better pole dunno yet lol.

the one i use has a Maximum working pressure at 20°C 1.7MPa (255psi)!!! so it can withstand a lot of abuse! lol

Latest Posts

Back