do you clean window shuts ?! how much to charge

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by sdrah, Mar 29, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sdrah

sdrah Guest

hi - I was asked to clean a 4 bed house , all windows inside plus window shuts . Never cleaned before and I have tried today to steam clean few windows as I think that's the easiest way to do a proper job .

Any idea how much to charge for that ?! cheers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Never done em mate so I would 'nt no what to charge. By the looks of your pics the steam cleaner made a good job of em, what make of cleaner did you use? and how long did it take you I think it could well be worth offering as a service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. sdrah

sdrah Guest

If there is only dirt there ( no paint / cement etc) - then the steamer will melt / blow everything off in no time - just to leave a towel on the sill to protect the wall from splashing . And yes I also thought it would be great to add the service on my webpage .

I use this steamer however a cheaper one would cope too. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Karcher-D...624?pt=UK_Vacuum_Cleaners&hash=item27e0d01070

4. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Looks like you did a really good job there. I would base the price on your theoretical hourly rate.

5. TolishAPurd

#5 TolishAPurd, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    No idea either mate, but that steam cleaners done a nice job. Probably best to do one and time it, and then multiply by the amount of windows, And then work your hourly rate into that.

6. cheapncheerful

a great job not one i have even thought of ...gonna suggest the wife does ours...steam clean seems spot on...:)

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Only one I have been asked to do was a conservatory interior deep clean including the openers (shuts) by hand and took forever to do as was painted hardwood frames so could not use a steamer.

8. norm

norm Grand Master

steam produces a lot of heat how would this affect seals etc.
    looks a nice clean finish sdrah

9. sdrah

sdrah Guest

I don't think it can affect the seals as you run the steam nozzle only few seconds over and the dirt is gone .

It may however affect the hinges ?! as most of the grease (if any?!) is melted together with dirt

10. norm

norm Grand Master

it looks a great job and a few seconds as ya say shouldnt affect any seals

Advertisement