Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way salt covered windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

Morning all.

Dreading Monday morning seafront wooden houses all with little gaps in that constantly leak out I've never seen them this bad in 20 years of cleaning them.

So what do you guys reckon his my easiest route.

All wfp.

Clean with hot water.

Clean 3 or 4 times allowing time to settle between each time I clean.

Or Clean with pole then use another pole with squeegee to dry all water off and then redo with wfp.

Looking to just make my day abit more chilled.

Personally never had to use anything but cold pure on salty windows.
Normally I'd say the same but just wanted to know if abit of heat in the water would be better to help get rid of the salt.

I did the worst thing by walking past last week I wish I'd just turned up ?

Could you show us some piccies?
No mate very well to do people. I've learnt from other trades been sacked on the job before taking photos.

So alot of different types of wooden windows all difficult.

Half moon windows with bars in the middle.

Bay windows all with opening window at the top and large glass underneath each opener.

I just thought someone will know if hot water pushes salt and tree sap of easier

Last edited:
Never had that problem but we do have A few downstairs windows that always have problems. We actually do them as normal. Then when we have finished take a squeegee and cloth when we go to put tickets though. Takes about 20 seconds to blad and wipe top of frame. Was quicker than anything else we have tried.

If you have enough work then pass the job on to someone else. It seems like you worry about the job. The moment this begins with me then I just dodge them. I have enough work now to pick and choose my jobs and sometimes just don't go back, if they call I just say I only clean gutters now.

If you have enough work then pass the job on to someone else. It seems like you worry about the job. The moment this begins with me then I just dodge them. I have enough work now to pick and choose my jobs and sometimes just don't go back, if they call I just say I only clean gutters now.
The three houses are worth £350 per clean. The work I get from them accounts to around 1k per month with family tied in. So it's not a case off just passing. The job has to be done right as they are paying a premium I just wanted to know about time saving methods that's all.

The three houses are worth £350 per clean. The work I get from them accounts to around 1k per month with family tied in. So it's not a case off just passing. The job has to be done right as they are paying a premium I just wanted to know about time saving methods that's all.
I see, I thought they were just run of the mill cleans. In that case then I would be looking to do many test cases. First house I would Trad it, Second house I would be using hot pure water, third house I would try wfp with cold water. I would time each of them to find out which way is the best overall and stick to that method. I did it with different types of degreaser and it all came down to the temperature of the water I mixed with it.

Or I could just rack people's brains that have done all of this haha.

No trad them days are over
I see, I thought they were just run of the mill cleans. In that case then I would be looking to do many test cases. First house I would Trad it, Second house I would be using hot pure water, third house I would try wfp with cold water. I would time each of them to find out which way is the best overall and stick to that method. I did it with different types of degreaser and it all came down to the temperature of the water I mixed with it.

The aim of the post is trying to save myself time by using the quickest to get best results method. I am able to get them cleaned but my method would be cleaning tops cleaning bottoms then do tops leave to drip move on then come back to do bottom parts of the windows but it's time consuming and with this weather time is needed for other jobs also.

So ruling out liquids.

Soft brush with heat I'm going for.

I would be tempted to bush and rince all the frames first for the upstairs. Then just brush and clean the glass been careful not to space the frames. Doing this will give the salt more time to come out of the frame and reduce the chance of it running down the glass

Edit: nevermind seems like that's what you are doing.

Might be better using one brush to clean all the frames and glass on every house then begin again with another brush and just clean glass if you run with enough brushes.
Got around 20 to choose from. So shouldn't be a problem.

I'm choosing hot water with a soft brush hopefully get them all cleaned with a two clean pass.

Don't know about the rest of you but been a tough few weeks rain winds sand everywhere trying to clean normal rota whilst phone off the hook with customers asking for a clean in between. I need to stop being a people pleaser.

Latest Posts

Back