Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Doing it wrong….

WCF

Help Support WCF:

To clarify, I do a full and thorough clean of all the frames glass sills and doors on every clean, I don't just rinse glass.

You jumped to a conclusion and assumed that all I'm doing is rinsing the glass, what type of clown just does that and considers it a window clean 🤔

You are throwing insults my way based on your own assumptions which are based on what, your imagination.

🥒📏 👋
Mate nobody working in a supermarket is on more than £60 per day maybe the manager if at all.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I earn £200 a day for five days, for 2 weeks and i don't have to work too hard. it's good money and i do a lot of other jobs i enjoy by choice :cool::cool::cool:

10 is the max you can do and make a good job of it mabey 15 at a push, working 8-5.

I know for a fact anyone claiming to be doing 25-30 house a day is just splashing water on to the frames & glass just to make them look wet, these ppl are spending less than 30 seconds on the windows and the frame, before moving to the next window...

Then they have the cheek to call it clean & ask for money, they didn't even scrub lmao & leave bits behind as they rinse out...🤠🤠🤠🤠

If your doing more than 10-15 houses that quick in a day your a ripoff
I am sorry your offended and don't like the facts, but i see ppl do this every single day & their customers always end up switching to me because i don't rush the job..👍

I never insulted you at all, i simply stated a fact, you took offence to it... Your problem not mine, i have no feeling on the matter... ;)

Over the years of watching you on this site, i noticed you have a massive ego & attitude problem & your a bit of a nasty person to ppl when you don't agree with their lived experience of the job.

Maybe you need to find a job where other ppls experiences & work ethics don't rub you up the wrong way, are you feeling ok ??? do you need a lollipop & a HUG ???

Mate nobody working in a supermarket is on more than £60 per day maybe the manager if at all.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I earn £200 a day for five days, for 2 weeks and i don't have to work too hard. it's good money and i do a lot of other jobs i enjoy by choice :cool::cool::cool:

10 is the max you can do and make a good job of it mabey 15 at a push, working 8-5.

I know for a fact anyone claiming to be doing 25-30 house a day is just splashing water on to the frames & glass just to make them look wet, these ppl are spending less than 30 seconds on the windows and the frame, before moving to the next window...

Then they have the cheek to call it clean & ask for money, they didn't even scrub lmao & leave bits behind as they rinse out...🤠🤠🤠🤠

I am sorry your offended and don't like the facts, but i see ppl do this every single day & their customers always end up switching to me because i don't rush the job..👍

I never insulted you at all, i simply stated a fact, you took offence to it... Your problem not mine, i have no feeling on the matter... ;)

Over the years of watching you on this site, i noticed you have a massive ego & attitude problem & your a bit of a nasty person to ppl when you don't agree with their lived experience of the job.

Maybe you need to find a job where other ppls experiences & work ethics don't rub you up the wrong way, are you feeling ok ??? do you need a lollipop & a HUG ???
If you spend the needed time on a first clean using a chemical and removing all the years of dirt then the subsequent maintenance cleans are a breeze and take very little time at all , it’s not a case of spraying water on it and walking away

I assume you mean 'in your experience' you can't do 25 to 30 houses in a day to a good standard?

I have 3 new builds 2 bed semis in a row I can comfortably do them in 45mins, that's scrubbing the panes, sills and frames including the stupid stuck on mock Georgian ones at the front.
So 'in theory' I could do 4 in an hour if they where next to each other, times that by 6 hours that's 24 houses!

My work isn't that compact so no way could I do that many but I can see how it's possible.

Well done mate the guy is an arrogant **** glad you've noticed that too

Yeah 25 houses a day Sounds off to me, but There are three types of window cleaners,
they are.
Trad cleaners, they take between 10-15 minutes to clean a house
Restoration wfp cleaners, they take around 20-30 minutes to clean a house as they do all the little extras
Splash & dash wfp cleaners, they effectively just rinse the glass & leave 5-10 minutes per house.

each to there own, i know witch one i would hire, but you do pay more for restoration guys..
what type of cleaner you are, is determined by your customers & the area you live in, plus what the majority of the customer expects of the clean..

If you do splash & dash you will likely make a lot of money very quickly but you risk the quality of your cleans for quantity, this can work out for some, but in my area those ppl go bust quickly.

you can do 30 cleans a day just rinsing the glass it's totally possible, but you will have to put up with customers telling you off for not doing the frames at some point...

it was not until i started doing restoration style work, that my business started to work out with long term loyal customers sticking around, of course i charge more for the extra time..

its a choice you can do either model, but i find splash & dash a bit of a lazy way to do the job and customers don't typically value your services as much, so they will cancel at the last minute or make excuses of the weather being bad that morning lmao then the sun comes out in the afternoon & you wasted a day..

You have to ask yourself do you want customers that stay loyal for years or do you want customers that will let you down all the time. tip if you do restoration jobs charge extra for the first TFR clean & limit your round to ten cleans a day, charge between £25-£30 per month. as detailing and extras will cost you some time..
This chap commented a post I posted on regarding my woes once hitting the VAT threshold.

"If it takes 3 men to hit the vat threshold then something is wrong a one man band if he pushed hard enough could hit or get very close to 85k"

A common year consists of 52 weeks and 260 work days (Mon to Fri), lets say you loose 4 weeks down to holidays and bad weather (20 working days) leaving 240 working days a year. So to do let's say 80-85k turnover a year a you'd need to do a minimum of £333 a day five days a week.

Show me a single operator who can achieve this day in day out, year on year out and I'll buy his unicorn a barn load of hay 😂

He bangs on about "Are you taking the pish, how are 25 houses a day not achievable", but if it was 25 houses a day at an average of £333 a day that would be a average of £13.33 a property 😂😂

Just a guess but I'm pretty sure your dealing with your option 3 here mixed with "some clever accounting" buddy so probably best to wish him all the best and enjoy your day 👌

Last edited:
Seemingly the 3 wise men on here, think I'm taking the pee and arrogant 😭

I've no idea idea who you are directing this at but minimum wage in the UK is £11.66 ph

He bangs on about "Are you taking the pish, how are 25 houses a day not achievable", but if it was 25 houses a day at an average of £333 a day that would be a average of £13.33 a property 😂😂
Sorry, no idea where you are based Beamish open air museum perhaps 🤔 it's perfectly feasible to achieve the numbers you've stated.
Well done mate the guy is an arrogant **** glad you've noticed that too
Not arrogant at all and neither am I T**t I'm upfront and honest, yet you three seem to think I'm delusional or something yet all the facts are here to see, yet I'm rambling wildly all the time and in excess of £300 a day isn't achievable in this industry 😵‍💫

Current minimum wage is £11.44 per hr x 8hrs , so about £ 92.00 , around here in the south east all the supermarkets pay quite a bit more so £60 is way off.
Also on top of the money they get 5 weeks holiday, plus bank holidays, plus pension , plus sick pay, plus you can work in all weathers👍🏻

If your happy earning £200.00 a day , then that’s fine ,knock yourself out😀

Current minimum wage is £11.44 per hr x 8hrs , so about £ 92.00 , around here in the south east all the supermarkets pay quite a bit more so £60 is way off.
Also on top of the money they get 5 weeks holiday, plus bank holidays, plus pension , plus sick pay, plus you can work in all weathers👍🏻

If your happy earning £200.00 a day , then that’s fine ,knock yourself out😀
i have few customers who work in tesco and aldi they earn 60 a day i think you have some over inflated ideas about what other ppl earn but OK

Seemingly the 3 wise men on here, think I'm taking the pee and arrogant 😭

I've no idea idea who you are directing this at but minimum wage in the UK is £11.66 ph

Sorry, no idea where you are based Beamish open air museum perhaps 🤔 it's perfectly feasible to achieve the numbers you've stated.

Not arrogant at all and neither am I T**t I'm upfront and honest, yet you three seem to think I'm delusional or something yet all the facts are here to see, yet I'm rambling wildly all the time and in excess of £300 a day isn't achievable in this industry 😵‍💫
£300 a day is achievable but the quality will be bad...🤠🤠🤠

Those are just the facts, we all know you want to force your splash & dash agenda on the industry and poo poo the proper way to do things. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your not upfront or honest, your on here telling ppl to do 25-30 cleans a day and make a mess for others to clean up, encouraging a spray and pray work ethic, i mean once you have done this job 16 years you kind of know the score & i am calling you out as a fraud when it comes to actual quality , Three wise men you say I'll just grab my camel & ride it to the market🐫🐫🐫.

It's all good dog, you keep making that mess for me to clean up, my customers love the work i do for them & my job is the best job in the world, since i stopped listening to the likes of you & started doing them chem cleans. I have made more money hand over fist than at any other time..

i don't need to be sweating to do 25 cleans a day just to make £300, when i can do less and earn more when i choose, while making sure the quality does not slip, like them three van teams i see splashing & dashing & leaving their customers feeling ripped off and giving everyone honest a bad name.. but each to their own i guess now where did i park that camel 🐫🐫🐪🐪🐪🐫🐫🐫🐪🐪🐪 🤡🤡🤡🤡

£300 a day is achievable but the quality will be bad...🤠🤠🤠

Those are just the facts, we all know you want to force your splash & dash agenda on the industry and poo poo the proper way to do things. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your not upfront or honest, your on here telling ppl to do 25-30 cleans a day and make a mess for others to clean up, encouraging a spray and pray work ethic, i mean once you have done this job 16 years you kind of know the score & i am calling you out as a fraud when it comes to actual quality , Three wise men you say I'll just grab my camel & ride it to the market🐫🐫🐫.

It's all good dog, you keep making that mess for me to clean up, my customers love the work i do for them & my job is the best job in the world, since i stopped listening to the likes of you & started doing them chem cleans. I have made more money hand over fist than at any other time..

i don't need to be sweating to do 25 cleans a day just to make £300, when i can do less and earn more when i choose, while making sure the quality does not slip, like them three van teams i see splashing & dashing & leaving their customers feeling ripped off and giving everyone honest a bad name.. but each to their own i guess now where did i park that camel 🐫🐫🐪🐪🐪🐫🐫🐫🐪🐪🐪 🤡🤡🤡🤡
16 years.. let me know when you get to 33 years and I might think you know the score
I do about 20 jobs a day without breaking a sweat and used to do about the same when I was trad for years
I pride myself on doing a good job and never getting complaints and having attention to detail
All my work comes from word of mouth nowadays and I’m always busy
If you can’t do it don’t be jealous as that’s not a good look
If you don’t want to do it then don’t it’s your choice
But don’t insult other members who give their time and experience to try and help others just because you don’t agree with them
It’s a bit childish is it not?

Daily earnings depend on two things: your daily work rate and pricing structure.

If you are down south and you are able to price at £25 for a 3 bed semi, then it probably won't be difficult to clean 8 a day to achieve £200. In fact, you could do 16 houses and achieve £400 day.
On the other hand, if you are changing £5 a semi, then it will be almost impossible to earn £200.

All these figures quoted don't account for the expense of arriving at the job, such as vehicle running costs, water costs and in some cases, emission zone charges.

As we get older, our ability to churn out the clean rate needed to achieve high turn over rates diminishes. 20 years ago I could clean 25 x 3 bed semis doing compact work. Now there is no way that is possible doing the identical round. On a good day I might manage 8 or 10, but I will suffer doing it.

All I'm saying is that this talk of earning is all well and good, but someone like me just ignores it as I know that my health and my pricing structure would make it impossible to achieve.
I could earn more a day working for Aldi, yes, but I couldn't do that job either for 8 hours so i wouldn't bother to apply.

Last edited:
Good job he doesn’t know how many a day we do then 😂😂
Yeah lol
I got a gutter clear, a gutter clear and fsg and 18 houses today and just starting
I’ll be home by 4
All frames etc spotless as usual
Amazing how I can just rinse glass all day and only get work passively without ever having to advertise and also work with some big commercial jobs like that one I showed you about a month ago where a film crew came after to film the unit and were so happy that I’m now waiting on a reply from a quote for around 130000 sqft in total of units needing cladding and windows cleaned
Imagine if I did the job properly like @DS WC west midlands 😂
I could possibly have a decent business then🙄

What he means is he hasn’t got it in him to work like some of us so instead of admitting his weak points he puts the blame on others

I listen to podcasts by people like David Goggins while working who show everyone else up in work ethic
He states that when you think you are done you still have 60% left in the tank it’s just your mind that holds you back
Instead of badmouthing others try seeing what you are capable of I don’t bad mouth anyone who is just doing what they are comfortable with eg: I no longer use ladders apart from access on a handful of jobs but I respect all the trad guys still doing it
Personally I think it can be done safer but that’s my choice
I used to do around 20 a day trad so know how hard it is and that was all frames etc also
Big up the tradders

Last edited:
Daily earnings depend on two things: your daily work rate and pricing structure.

If you are down south and you are able to price at £25 for a 3 bed semi, then it probably won't be difficult to clean 8 a day to achieve £200. In fact, you could do 16 houses and achieve £400 day.
On the other hand, if you are changing £5 a semi, then it will be almost impossible to earn £200.

All these figures quoted don't account for the expense of arriving at the job, such as vehicle running costs, water costs and in some cases, emission zone charges.

As we get older, our ability to churn out the clean rate needed to achieve high turn over rates diminishes. 20 years ago I could clean 25 x 3 bed semis doing compact work. Now there is no way that is possible doing the identical round. On a good day I might manage 8 or 10, but I will suffer doing it.

All I'm saying is that this talk of earning is all well and good, but someone like me just ignores it as I know that my health and my pricing structure would make it impossible to achieve.
I could earn more a day working for Aldi, yes, but I couldn't do that job either for 8 hours so i wouldn't bother to apply.
Each to their own Bruce
I’m jealous of your work life
I tried to slow down and not work Fridays as mortgage now paid and wife earns well also but now Fridays are being taken up with one off jobs I am not asking for lol
Difference is you don’t criticise others for working differently or more/less hours etc
Hope I’ve still got it in me at your age mate (getting there slowly)😢

Seems to have spiralled a bit from what the thread was started about. Everyone's work and work rate will probably differ quite wildly. I couldn't do 20 houses a day because I'd be too knackered, but I do know someone that does around 18 (I think) a couple of days of his week and seems be ok. Compact and well organised. For the supermarkets I think it's because they don't really offer full time contracts any more, so you end up with a 5 hour shift, so £60 would be right in that instance. 5 hours is great if you only want 5 hours a day, but also messes you up if you wanted longer hours, or worse if you have a second job to juggle with it just makes the day really long winded just to make a full time wage (have done that before). I'd take 9-3 or whatever hours you do on windows over that any day.

Back