Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Double Glazing Salesman Starting Window Cleaning Round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chris777

Hi people i set up a round about six years ago with a guy that was a window cleaner, im a door canvasser/salesman i own a double glazing company at the moment, getting the work is easy but i find it so stressful baby sitting fitters and the rest of the bullshit that goes with it!

anyway back to the window cleaning round years ago i built up a 90 house round in the first week charging around £1 a window but ended up getting roped into cleaning the windows as i felt guilty that i wasnt getting my hands dirty and they were all first clean and like a prat i said i would do the frames for free on the first clean wich took forever and it went **** up...... anyway now my plan is to pay on a self employed pay per clean basis ive got a couple of lads with a bit of experience.

it might help others who canvass to use a knock sheet ive attached one that you should be able to print off its best to knock in the day and then go back round in the evenings (when you have the time) so you catch everyone and just mark off the ones you have spoken to, otherwise i find you can spend a couple of hours on an estate and think youve done it when in reality you have only spoken to 20% of the people.

i knock and have done for 15 years for double glazing and you only get one person with the hump every evening but it just makes me chuckkle, people really seem to respect the fact that you are getting off your **** and finding the work..

anyways my first post is getting a bit longwinded now, but i will come on every night and post how many new jobs i pick up and im sure i will be looking for a bit of advice and if i can help in any way on the marketing front give me a shout

knock sheet.docx

Name window cleaning.docx

Hey, welcome to the forum, sounds like your doing well. Take it that knock sheet relates to the house numbers in a street? If so where is house numbers 1-4?

Hi people i set up a round about six years ago with a guy that was a window cleaner, im a door canvasser/salesman i own a double glazing company at the moment, getting the work is easy but i find it so stressful baby sitting fitters and the rest of the bullshit that goes with it!

anyway back to the window cleaning round years ago i built up a 90 house round in the first week charging around £1 a window but ended up getting roped into cleaning the windows as i felt guilty that i wasnt getting my hands dirty and they were all first clean and like a prat i said i would do the frames for free on the first clean wich took forever and it went **** up...... anyway now my plan is to pay on a self employed pay per clean basis ive got a couple of lads with a bit of experience.

it might help others who canvass to use a knock sheet ive attached one that you should be able to print off its best to knock in the day and then go back round in the evenings (when you have the time) so you catch everyone and just mark off the ones you have spoken to, otherwise i find you can spend a couple of hours on an estate and think youve done it when in reality you have only spoken to 20% of the people.

i knock and have done for 15 years for double glazing and you only get one person with the hump every evening but it just makes me chuckkle, people really seem to respect the fact that you are getting off your **** and finding the work..

anyways my first post is getting a bit longwinded now, but i will come on every night and post how many new jobs i pick up and im sure i will be looking for a bit of advice and if i can help in any way on the marketing front give me a shout

hi rcproperty,

doh, i have them allready printed, i was trying to help out so i done it last night for some reason its jumped ive re-dun it, all you do is have a sheet for every road and if its got more houses you would need to do a do more pages....

how do i add the new sheet?

hi rcproperty,

doh, i have them allready printed, i was trying to help out so i done it last night for some reason its jumped ive re-dun it, all you do is have a sheet for every road and if its got more houses you would need to do a do more pages....

how do i add the new sheet?
oh well, good job we spoted it for you! lol hope you didnt print off to many of them!

to add the new on, next to the POST button is MORE REPLY OPTIONS if you click on that one it takes you back to the same screen you had when you first started the topic and you can add it there

Would suggest to add name and comments box and reduce the number of houses per page might work a bit better.

What do you think lads?

hi smurf, this ones not for listing jobs it really just to show who you are speaking to, and have another sheet with your jobs on obviously you can mark your existing work with a £ sign or summin

anyway back to the window cleaning round years ago i built up a 90 house round in the first week charging around £1 a window

good going that mate was that from door knocking only?

cheers harunh,

im going for it this week so ile keep you posted, i just thought of another tip when canvassing and leafleting! may sound silly but hide your leaflets!!

and use them as a last resort as your about to walk away after speaking to them as people will always wriggle out of making a decision on the spot even if it is just for a quote, and the easy way is to take your leaflet and i know its a much larger cost item but at anglian when i worked there we got 1 lead per 1000 leaflets and sell 1 in 3 so really its 3000 leaflets per job!!! totally different industry but what im getting at is try not to just throw leaflets about... i know it seems dissheartning but people really do respect a tryer espessially in this economic climate so you wont get the frosty response you would think...

the way im going to get this set up is probably very different to how most guys are working but i have run teams of at most 25 door canvassers and if i get more work than i can cope with i may start a canvassing company building rounds, but throughout this week im going to get out all week for a few hours a day and i will post an honest account of whats going on day to day my target is 12 new jobs per day @ say £9 average per job over 12 cleans will give an anual turnover of £1296 per day, but as i say i will tell it as it happens

anyway back to the window cleaning round years ago i built up a 90 house round in the first week charging around £1 a window

good going that mate was that from door knocking only?
hi yes just from door knocking

chris how do u afford 25 canvassers ? /emoticons/wacko.png lol
chris how do u afford 25 canvassers ? /emoticons/wacko.png lol
i was working for anglian at the time and they got paid £50 per lead and i pinched 20-30 per lead they made, now i have my own double glazing company i have two guys that knock and i give them 7 - 10 % per deal so they pay themselves really, but if i get canvassers in for window cleaning i will pay them the first clean so there would be a big lay out on the window cleaning but it will be easy to employ canvassers as i will pay them on the day they pull the job and get them to let the customer that i will call to confirm how many windows and doors and price quoted and then ile pay them but do a kind of claw back on jobs that dont go on or are not feasable or i may pay week to week!! for window cleaners that acctually do the work as apposed to myself just pulling bizz it would be easier on the pocket as they would be doing the work so all they would be paying for a job is 1 free clean

How would that work as I did not understand your business model at all? :rolleyes:

i was working for anglian at the time and they got paid £50 per lead and i pinched 20-30 per lead they made, now i have my own double glazing company i have two guys that knock and i give them 7 - 10 % per deal so they pay themselves really, but if i get canvassers in for window cleaning i will pay them the first clean so there would be a big lay out on the window cleaning but it will be easy to employ canvassers as i will pay them on the day they pull the job and get them to let the customer that i will call to confirm how many windows and doors and price quoted and then ile pay them but do a kind of claw back on jobs that dont go on or are not feasable or i may pay week to week!! for window cleaners that acctually do the work as apposed to myself just pulling bizz it would be easier on the pocket as they would be doing the work so all they would be paying for a job is 1 free clean

clever stuff but you need to break it down and explain a bit better!. two paragraghs, one for window cleaning and one for window fitting not intertwining the two thats why some people don't understand

Back