Drive way to clean and house walls...help please

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Lewis, Mar 3, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Lewis

Lewis Well-Known Member

Hiya,

Been asked to price the drive and the house walls to get rid of the red marks. Any thoughts on the best way to get the red marks off I'm thinking hypo 50-50?
    Also the driveway will need re-sanding after I'm guessing so what's the best sand to use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Lewis

Lewis Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Just do a test patch at bottom then everyone's happy
    I reckon it will come straight out that red

4. Lewis

Lewis Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm going to tomorrow. Will let you know the out come. Thanks dude

5. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I done a house with that red , they supplied the chemical , it was only moss killer , I just sprayed it on and left it and came up like new

6. Ben23

Ben23 Member

Cant comment on the walls as I wouldnt do them myself, I prefer to keep to the ground level stuff :) the block paving will need resanding as you say and the stuff you need is kiln dried sand (paving sand in b&q but go to the builders yard as its a lot cheaper) do the job, clean the drive then leave it for a good few days in this weather to dry out, return and just brush the sand in with a broad soft sweeping brush, make sure you price the cost of sand (usually £4 a bag from the builders yards, get more than you think you need as its better to have too much and save some for another job than to have too little and have to waste time going for more) enjoy, its going to look awesome when youve done it, there'll be better colours than grey under that dirt on the drive :D

7. Lewis

Lewis Well-Known Member

Thanks Ben, I haven't got a flat surface cleaning so in guessing just hypo then turbo off? I'm thinking 3hrs work to clean then another hour to re-sand?

8. Ben23

Ben23 Member

shouldnt be a problem to turbo that drive in 3hrs but thats assuming you've taken cleanup etc into account (looks like it'll drain into the street at least so thats a good thing, make sure not to leave a mess outside the drive though :D ) i'd give it 2hrs to re-sand, plus you have your travel/fuel to consider depending how far it is for the return trip. just the kind of drive I like, straightforward and dosent look like you have any hidden issues. oh and I personally dont normally use hypo for block paving, not that it would damage it or anything just that its a bit overkill unless its crawling with black lichen, even then the turbo can nine times out of ten smash it off if its not too severe and youve a decent machine behind it

9. Lewis

Lewis Well-Known Member

Awesome, pressure washing is new to me, il price it for 5-6hrs work total, I clean the Windows there so she seems pretty keen. Just hope she likes quote thanks again dude

10. Ben23

Ben23 Member

No problem, im hardly a seasoned vet like some on here but ive done a fair few jobs now and learned a few bits on the go. Oh and as a side note, dont turbo/pressure wash hypo off the surface, you dont want it splashing everywhere, if your using it then rinse it off before you get the turbo on it, I use the black nozzle on the lance (super broad spray) to rinse it down, dont get it on plants and not good on tarmac either (think of where its running off to)

Advertisement