Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dropping nice customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My limit is 30ft. 

I find that's perfect for all standard type houses, a lot of new builds I've picked up lately seem to have velux that I couldn't reach with a 25

I managed for a long time with just an slx 22 which can do 98% of work.

When my 22 started to wear out I bought a couple of extensions to make it 30ft.

Then I bought an slx 18 to use as my main pole which probably my covers 9/10 jobs a day.

I find an 18 and a 30 is the perfect combo.

If I could only have one pole it would be an extreme 25.

Many of us will take on anything to get going but it can sometimes be more har. than good to round growth. This is why we find profiling customers so important.  

https://www.youtube.com/embed/jxDJ9klFumo?feature=oembed  
[/URL]

Good video but I have a few questions? 1. When you quote and there is a window that needs access from a roof do you tell them you can't do that window or do you tell them you can't take the job on? 2. Do you use Backpacks at all for circumstances such as through the house access or do you refuse those jobs? 3. When you quote do they have to sign up for Go Cardless before you turn up or do you accept their word that they will sign up?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91954
http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91954

Good video but I have a few questions? 1. When you quote and there is a window that needs access from a roof do you tell them you can't do that window or do you tell them you can't take the job on? 2. Do you use Backpacks at all for circumstances such as through the house access or do you refuse those jobs? 3. When you quote do they have to sign up for Go Cardless before you turn up or do you accept their word that they will sign up?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

1. If there is a Window I can't I'd I tell them. 

2. No I don't do any 'through house access' type jobs. 

3. I trust they will sign up. 

How long does the gardiners backpack last until you need to refill it?
Depends on windows for example if for example they have top openings and there are two of them, you will do the frames on one then move to the next to do the frames, then do the top opening glass on each (to give time for drips) then do the glass on main part of window.

By having a unilever type valve you can do frame,turn of water (with valve,saves going back to m/c again and again to manually flick the switch) move to next window without wasting water, pull valve to turn water on etc and so on, and scrub with and without water feeding.

Also depending on type of windows, number, state of dirtiness,how often they have been cleaned before etc, these are all factors, but often now doing probably 2 or 3 to a fill, and I am still a novice with wfp technique.

Depends on windows for example if for example they have top openings and there are two of them, you will do the frames on one then move to the next to do the frames, then do the top opening glass on each (to give time for drips) then do the glass on main part of window.

By having a unilever type valve you can do frame,turn of water (with valve,saves going back to m/c again and again to manually flick the switch) move to next window without wasting water, pull valve to turn water on etc and so on, and scrub with and without water feeding.

Also depending on type of windows, number, state of dirtiness,how often they have been cleaned before etc, these are all factors, but often now doing probably 2 or 3 to a fill, and I am still a novice with wfp technique.

Aye, about a litre a minute I guess. That's why I only do windows every Calendar Month, not very dirty but as a first clean I'm there hours scrapping away. That's when I get it up to my standard and its easy to maintain once a month.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 22:19, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Many of us will take on anything to get going but it can sometimes be more har. than good to round growth. This is why we find profiling customers so important.  

That's a fantastic video but soon no one will want to do the hard, messy, arrogant, obnoxious clients. :1f44d:

Aye, about a litre a minute I guess. That's why I only do windows every Calendar Month, not very dirty but as a first clean I'm there hours scrapping away. That's when I get it up to my standard and its easy to maintain once a month.
I consider first cleans as the investment part, know a lot charge higher for first time,I don,t as think hard enough to get custie in first place, and as you mention, once the first clean is done well, monthly service cleans are easier, and customer having seen time spent first time, do not notice how quick subsequent cleans take.

I Charge 50% higher on first cleans it should be more, moving forward I am going to charge 75% of the regular clean price. I did 2 first cleans yesterday opposite each other I earned £33 in 1hr 40 mins so not great at all, But next clean i will easily complete both jobs  in 40 minutes 

I Charge 50% higher on first cleans it should be more, moving forward I am going to charge 75% of the regular clean price. I did 2 first cleans yesterday opposite each other I earned £33 in 1hr 40 mins so not great at all, But next clean i will easily complete both jobs  in 40 minutes 
I charge double if the Virasol has to come out, if the windows are really dirty then there's a good chance they haven't been done for years so why would they object to paying there's no way I'm doing twice as much work and charging 50% more just because I'm going to gamble on the customer becoming a regular?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I consider first cleans as the investment part, know a lot charge higher for first time,I don,t as think hard enough to get custie in first place, and as you mention, once the first clean is done well, monthly service cleans are easier, and customer having seen time spent first time, do not notice how quick subsequent cleans take.

You should charge double but I just charge the same. It can take more than double the time but when one is building a run then happy to get the custom. If I had a big run then I would probably charge double.

Too much overkill on this in my opinion. All this talk about virosol and ubik, or wiping them all with a wet cloth etc.

If there that dirty, the customer won’t expect miracles. I just  charge them double, clean them twice at normal pace and warn them there might be a speck or two on the first clean.

Never had a problem ?

Too much overkill on this in my opinion. All this talk about virosol and ubik, or wiping them all with a wet cloth etc.

If there that dirty, the customer won’t expect miracles. I just  charge them double, clean them twice at normal pace and warn them there might be a speck or two on the first clean.

Never had a problem ?
On nearly all first cleans we use virasol, clean all doors as well we charge double and most of the time they will pay very rare I ever get any remarks about a spec here or there they are done very thoroughly and we can fully justify charging more. 

On nearly all first cleans we use virasol, clean all doors as well we charge double and most of the time they will pay very rare I ever get any remarks about a spec here or there they are done very thoroughly and we can fully justify charging more. 
Good for you. I’m just giving my opinion and stating that in 22 years in the job, I’ve never had a problem or complaint using my method.

Horses for courses etc

I charge double if the Virasol has to come out, if the windows are really dirty then there's a good chance they haven't been done for years so why would they object to paying there's no way I'm doing twice as much work and charging 50% more just because I'm going to gamble on the customer becoming a regular?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I ain't gambling all new sign ups have to sign up to GoCardless before the first clean commences other wise no clean.

If they are happy to sign up to GC then it shows commitment from them before I even lift a finger. [emoji6]

County Durham Lad

I ain't gambling all new sign ups have to sign up to GoCardless before the first clean commences other wise no clean.

If they are happy to sign up to GC then it shows commitment from them before I even lift a finger.
emoji6.png

County Durham Lad

I'm the same. Had turned someone down a few days ago because they wouldn't sign upto gocardless.

"I'm in most days and will always pay". Sorry to get onto our schedule you must sign upto gocardless. If you are in you can pay by cash on the day, but gocardless is how we work.

I'm the same. Had turned someone down a few days ago because they wouldn't sign upto gocardless.

"I'm in most days and will always pay". Sorry to get onto our schedule you must sign upto gocardless. If you are in you can pay by cash on the day, but gocardless is how we work.
They get directed straight to my website, so i leave it in their hands it's totally their choice 

Back