Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A nice little deed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

Had an old guy come by last month when I was cleaning a few doors down from him. He was asking about cleaning his windows on a monthly basis. I went up and had a look and no parking bar a car in his driveway. Old wooden windows that hadn't been cleaned in a while. Back cleaning his neighbours today and I managed to park at the corner so I dragged the hose 100 feet up and cleaned his. I was dreading it but it turned out the easiest clean I have done in a while and made a quick score. Even the car in the driveway is the neighbour and he allows him to park it there. Just goes to show you can't judge an old guy by the colour of his hair dye. Another new customer on the books and I don't even need to move the van. What I notice is this:- The more I help folk then the more good luck I receive. Everyone that likes to abuse me gets nothing but bad luck, strange but true. ???

Had an old guy come by last month when I was cleaning a few doors down from him. He was asking about cleaning his windows on a monthly basis. I went up and had a look and no parking bar a car in his driveway. Old wooden windows that hadn't been cleaned in a while. Back cleaning his neighbours today and I managed to park at the corner so I dragged the hose 100 feet up and cleaned his. I was dreading it but it turned out the easiest clean I have done in a while and made a quick score. Even the car in the driveway is the neighbour and he allows him to park it there. Just goes to show you can't judge an old guy by the colour of his hair dye. Another new customer on the books and I don't even need to move the van. What I notice is this:- The more I help folk then the more good luck I receive. Everyone that likes to abuse me gets nothing but bad luck, strange but true. ???
How have you helped him?
You’ve charged him money to do a job, that’s not a good deed is it ?.
Don’t know if the ‘bad luck’ comment was a dig at me, but I’m very lucky with a great wife and social life.
Being unlucky is someone who has no one and works weekends because they have no life ???

@scottish cleaning service I'm not quite sure what the good deed is here, unless the elderly man has been struggling to get a window cleaner and you've done him a favour on the price? If so fair enough ?.

@scottish cleaning service I'm not quite sure what the good deed is here, unless the elderly man has been struggling to get a window cleaner and you've done him a favour on the price? If so fair enough ?.
No one will clean his windows because you can't get parked near his house and its a very busy road. You can get parked over 100 feet away as I did today but its like the grand old duke of York, march up and then back down again for a tenner. I clean 3 houses down at the corner but isn't really worth my while cleaning his. After doing it, I now realise it is worth my while as it's a 5min clean and I may get more houses into the bargain. The message I'm trying to send out is this:- If a customer calls or asks for a reliable window cleaner then go and have a look or better still do the first clean, then make a judgement because it might be worth your while. A year ago I took a call from a care home and I went and seen it. 100 windows, so I priced it for a ton a month or two ton every 3 months. Wasn't really interested but I called back and gave my price and I got it every month plus another smaller home. I can do these 2 cleans in less than 2hrs and they are a massive company. This month I priced £300 to clear gutters and repair gutter leaks, will find out next month.

I'm biociding someone's roof free of charge, that's a nice deed.

They got soneone to scrape the moss from it last year and they didn't put anything on it to stop it coming back as quick. It's starting to show already, they done a cracking job of the roof tbf scrapping wise. But didn't treat it.

Told them if they paid for the product I'd put it on for them for free. It's a small roof, should only take half an hour. That's a good deed.

How have you helped him?
You’ve charged him money to do a job, that’s not a good deed is it ?.
Don’t know if the ‘bad luck’ comment was a dig at me, but I’m very lucky with a great wife and social life.
Being unlucky is someone who has no one and works weekends because they have no life ???
I’m quite happy to abuse him and have nothing but good luck lol
And my weekends to myself

I'm biociding someone's roof free of charge, that's a nice deed.

They got soneone to scrape the moss from it last year and they didn't put anything on it to stop it coming back as quick. It's starting to show already, they done a cracking job of the roof tbf scrapping wise. But didn't treat it.

Told them if they paid for the product I'd put it on for them for free. It's a small roof, should only take half an hour. That's a good deed.
I usually spray roofs in the Spring/Summer time when everything wants to grow. If you make a good job of it then word gets about so you will need to time yourself and how much the chemical cost when the next job appears in earnest. Roof spraying is getting more popular now, I have noticed. I even got my first Headstone clean today. ?

I usually spray roofs in the Spring/Summer time when everything wants to grow. If you make a good job of it then word gets about so you will need to time yourself and how much the chemical cost when the next job appears in earnest. Roof spraying is getting more popular now, I have noticed. I even got my first Headstone clean today. ?

I try avoid them as its a hard shift scrapping the moss off. The people who scrapper the roof I'm going to biocide must have put in some shif, it was covered in moss. When I scrape them I get the majority of it off but whatever left the biocide kills. The people who scrapped this one left none whatsoever on it.

That's why I was surprised they didn't put anything on it as they done a better job than I'd do taking it off. The old woman did say treating it afterwords wasn't mentioned.

The message I'm trying to send out is this:- If a customer calls or asks for a reliable window cleaner then go and have a look or better still do the first clean, then make a judgement because it might be worth your while.
Might be okay for a newbie, but an experienced window cleaner who knows their area and is busy enough can just turn this type of job down, I turn down and pass on most of my enquiries based on a street or town, I have no desire either to give someone false hope that they have got me as a regular cleaner and sooner be honest from the off.
You can get parked over 100 feet away as I did today but its like the grand old duke of York, march up and then back down again for a tenner.
A 100ft is 30.48 metres that's about 3 houses up from a parking spot how's this like the grand old Duke of York :unsure:

If getting paid for a job is a good deed then I do at least a couple of hundred good deeds a month!
Made me feel great about myself. Thanks for that Mr Scottish.
So what’s your day today?
1 x headstone clean
1 x letter box replacement
1 x slipped roof tile
1 x fix fence panel
3 pages on your ‘book writing’
3 x £10 window cleaning jobs
You must be taking it in!!!

If getting paid for a job is a good deed then I do at least a couple of hundred good deeds a month!
Made me feel great about myself. Thanks for that Mr Scottish.
So what’s your day today?
1 x headstone clean
1 x letter box replacement
1 x slipped roof tile
1 x fix fence panel
3 pages on your ‘book writing’
3 x £10 window cleaning jobs
You must be taking it in!!!
I make about £300 a day if I do 6hrs work. I have a great repore with my customers so they ask me first. I can do most jobs like fitting a upvc sill which I did yesterday. Their dog was scratching the wooden one. I'm there cleaning the windows anyway so why not make an easy £50 for 25mins work. I see it as a win win situation, the customer is delighted and tell there friends that's the reason I don't advertise now. I have to see a massive job today and a small job, clean some bins but won't make any money. That's the way I work, hard work Mon,Tue and off rain day today. My work revolves around the weather.

I make about £300 a day if I do 6hrs work. I have a great repore with my customers so they ask me first. I can do most jobs like fitting a upvc sill which I did yesterday. Their dog was scratching the wooden one. I'm there cleaning the windows anyway so why not make an easy £50 for 25mins work. I see it as a win win situation, the customer is delighted and tell there friends that's the reason I don't advertise now. I have to see a massive job today and a small job, clean some bins but won't make any money. That's the way I work, hard work Mon,Tue and off rain day today. My work revolves around the weather.
You may claim to earn 300 a day but how can anyone on here believe you when you’ve been caught lying on here on several occasions? ???

Ooooooo. Thought this was supposed to be a happy place?
What happened to freedom of speech and all that. If you don’t like what you read then ignore and move on.
I have never got on with gingers. Don't know why but they all seem to hate me. Must be a personality clash or I'm going to buy a ginger wig, I need a wig anyway. ???

£300 a day yet charges £7 a house and only has 100 customers after years of trading
I have over 600 customers and couldn’t find that much in other jobs as too busy earning £1500 a week doing that
Pull the other one it’s got bells on

I have never got on with gingers. Don't know why but they all seem to hate me. Must be a personality clash or I'm going to buy a ginger wig, I need a wig anyway. ???
Must be cos you’re an irritating bell end
I don’t care if I get stopped being a mod you take the p1ss
I remember you saying before if you left the forum would die
Why don’t you try it fuckwit

Latest Posts

Back