Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Durable boots??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

we were only issued with the patrol boots which, at the time was fine and they were good boots, I've tried the hiax ones but didn't quite get on them, although my boys both have  the ecw's and i'm thinking i'll buy a pair soon.

when you think of it our boys and girls have to endure all sorts of extremes and terrains and the government spends millions into developing footwear for the armed forces so the footwear are durable and fit for purpose, I remember during the falklands the brits were swapping the boots over from captured argentines as their boots were a whole lot better than ours at the time and the parka's as well

military footwear is well worth considering and has come on in leaps and bounds over the karrimoor type of hiking boots etc as the budget for development is far more than any other footwear provider.

@Dave B was reme so probably snuggled under a heater all the time, waking up for meal times or the odd parade he couldn't get out of??? 
You got me there.

Best boots money can buy are Bata industrials. They were supplied in the UK by a company called Mitre Bluelight who went out of business a few years back uinfortunately.. rotten sods.

Anyway I had a pair of their rapid reactions (plus others before those):

540x360.jpg

Can't get them anymore but my current pair is SIX YEARS old and literally sprung their first leak this morning  :1f622:  The plastic sole has simply worn out underneath the right one. I am absolutely devastated.

See they're not just boots with zips, they're police disorder boots - designed for long shifts in the riot squad / saturday night patrols etc. Fireproof, oil proof, waterproof but most of all warm, and incredibly comfortable to stand in for hours on end (they did have a £95 price tag). Just yesterday i finally bought a pair of new laces for them too and this morning they've sprung a bloody leak - I'm so gutted - my kinky boots are dying!!!

Anyway Bata still make boots they just don't make the Rapid Reactions anymore (I heard from Mitre that they held the patent on this design). Last time i looked they were making something reasonably similar so i think i'll have to hunt those down instead.

But anyway.. you can't go wrong with Bata industrials but they are a bit of a pain to find in the UK at present but they'll make others like Magnums look completely amateur..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back