Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Either spinning pole section or cant hardly move it

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Wonder if any solution to this for my slx. Now and then I tighten the nut bit on section which has become loose, as we do. However, just lately when I do this then it is very hard to push that particular section up or down. It hasnt had heavy use and has been maintained ok, so would be surprised if its had it already. Any advise would be good, or guess I could email and ask gardiners too, wouldn't do any harm.
cheers all

Wonder if any solution to this for my slx. Now and then I tighten the nut bit on section which has become loose, as we do. However, just lately when I do this then it is very hard to push that particular section up or down. It hasnt had heavy use and has been maintained ok, so would be surprised if its had it already. Any advise would be good, or guess I could email and ask gardiners too, wouldn't do any harm.
cheers all
The pole has worn ware it’s continuously clamped by adjusting the clamp at this point it is then to tight to go over the unworn part of the pole . Either clamp the pole an inch past the worn section ,or build up the worn part with some apoxi resin ,or replace the section

The pole has worn ware it’s continuously clamped by adjusting the clamp at this point it is then to tight to go over the unworn part of the pole . Either clamp the pole an inch past the worn section ,or build up the worn part with some apoxi resin ,or replace the section
Shame I couldnt use an extension section 7 ive got. Never use it, well used once for some high solar panels. Was useless, needed more rigid extreme or similar. I think the extensions for slx are only suitable for 3rd floor, possibly 4th floor windows but not skylights or solar panels.

cheers all

Hi ks

Before advising the best course of action do you know how old the pole is? Could you message me with a photo of the wear?

The other posters have given some good advice - if the pole section has a lot of life left in it then often building up the wear with a two-pack epoxy can be a very simple/cheap fix and will double the life of the section.

Hi ks

Before advising the best course of action do you know how old the pole is? Could you message me with a photo of the wear?

The other posters have given some good advice - if the pole section has a lot of life left in it then often building up the wear with a two-pack epoxy can be a very simple/cheap fix and will double the life of the section.
Hi cheers for reply. I cant upload pics as I still only use one of the old basic phones, and my digital camera doesnt upload onto here. To be honest the pole is about 5 years old but for my first 2 years it did very limited work and even now im still only part time. Will see what I can do. It is only that second section that you extend, really have to force it or instead have it spin around.

Hi ks

At this age there is no need to replace the shims as this will not make enough difference. It may be worth fitting new springs though on the clamps in question as a fresh spring can often make enough difference to the auto-adjusting nature of the clamps.

If it is too worn though at the point of wear and the new springs do not help, then building the surface back up with a very thin layer of two-pack epoxy is a clever way to get many more years from the section.

Hi ks

At this age there is no need to replace the shims as this will not make enough difference. It may be worth fitting new springs though on the clamps in question as a fresh spring can often make enough difference to the auto-adjusting nature of the clamps.

If it is too worn though at the point of wear and the new springs do not help, then building the surface back up with a very thin layer of two-pack epoxy is a clever way to get many more years from the section.
Ah, maybe the springs then, as looking at it the red marking is still very clear so Im thinking its not too badly worn. where do you get the springs from?
thanks for reply

Ah, maybe the springs then, as looking at it the red marking is still very clear so Im thinking its not too badly worn. where do you get the springs from?
thanks for reply
All the spares are available on Gardiner’s website

Attachments

• F17F2B2E-1357-4F5A-B0C0-3F12E8F7BB56.png
    F17F2B2E-1357-4F5A-B0C0-3F12E8F7BB56.png
    241.5 KB · Views: 3
Back