Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Repair of worn pole sections

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Don’t know how to post link, and not sure if they fit extreme.

I have ordered some today but here’s pic so will be easy to find one eBay 

3424B9B5-29C5-4F61-B5BB-E25E46DF917B.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Here we go https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294042333947?hash=item447649f2fb:g:e9oAAOSwBLNf62g3 they are just a collar so just be as easy surely to clamp the section further down after a wrap of insulation tape. 
thanks for link that’s it.

I used tape, thing is it starts to get worn and weathered and you got to keep replacing so I am hoping this will be a little longer wearing and easy to slide on and off if I ever need to, don’t like orange though.

rather than moving the clamps around I think would be just as easy to sand down wearing area and add a little resin if you have some in response to original post and would look neater than this and tape but we will al have our own trial and error and preferences ??

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Gorilla tape,    i have a pole with all sections  .  cut the tape into 1 inch strips and tape round under clamp.

should last another year.     if it starts again add another inch  untill you have enough to buy a new SLX 

building it up with Araldite worked really well for me but got to be careful not to put too much on- its a bit time consuming sanding it down flush, it's hard as rock.
I've done this with my son's pole, and it works well. It may not look pretty, but it's very functional. I did think that it would wear down quickly, but as you say, it's as hard as rock.

Gorilla tape,    i have a pole with all sections  .  cut the tape into 1 inch strips and tape round under clamp.

should last another year.     if it starts again add another inch  untill you have enough to buy a new SLX 
I'd taped under loose clamps temporarily to stop spinning, but I hadn't thought of tape below the clamp as the section is thinning ?

Back