Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Elite member

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Go to profile page then informationThere should be a box like this

Last Activity:1 minute agoJoined:Messages:Trophy Points:163Featured Threads:positive ratings received:1,545Neutral ratings received:
Or look to your left and see the number against messages /emoticons/smile.png

Well I speak for myself NO I'm not clever at all really as if I were I would not be a cleaner now would I?/emoticons/biggrin.png

Yeah but see you are, because your not a window cleaner, your a gutterer cleanist. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Well I speak for myself NO I'm not clever at all really as if I were I would not be a cleaner now would I?/emoticons/biggrin.png
I've met thick and thick can't get customers never mind keep them , I've a friend who is pretty let's say simple although he is a wonderful guy ,last year he started a courier business and his family was deeply involved and helped buy vans and pay insurance he even opened a shop where he wraps and delivers items ,soon as it was up and running and his family backed away he ruined it within a year and now he is on the dole and his mum is selling the vans cheap to claw back a bit of cash.

It takes a certain person to get work and keep it and anyone that can do that don't need degrees or phd

I think choosing a career as a wc could be an 'intelligent' decision?

Good money and easy work. I reckon the iq of average successful wc is higher than you'd think.........

I think choosing a career as a wc could be an 'intelligent' decision?Good money and easy work. I reckon the iq of average successful wc is higher than you'd think.........
My point exactly m8

I went to the best university

Called university of life

Clever means many things not just what exams you did

Although i got 9 gcses all d and above and have nvqs my brother who did a lot worse than me earns more in 4 months than i do a year

How did my education help me??

I only work 3 days a week but if I started doing full time I could easily be earning £800 a week , a lot more than most of these office toffs

Ooh, i sense some bad vibes. I hope you are not upset with the joke between me an smurf about being/not being clever.

If so, you have got the wrong end of the stick. Sorry.
clear.png

The joke was about 'Elite' versus 'full member' status.

Nothing to do with how clever any of us really are.

And I'm sure smurf was also just displaying 'tongue in cheek' humour.

When viewing a forum, you can always tell how clever someone is by their spelling.

Last edited:
I don't like being called Mr or an elite member to be honest as I'm just a honest working lad. Well not so much of the working bit now. Come to think of it I'm not a lad either. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I don't like being called Mr or an elite member to be honest as I'm just a honest working lad. Well not so much of the working bit now. Come to think of it I'm not a lad either. /emoticons/biggrin.png
Mard **** lol /emoticons/wink.png

I think choosing a career as a wc could be an 'intelligent' decision?Good money and easy work. I reckon the iq of average successful wc is higher than you'd think.........
People make assumptions..... Forgive me if I have told this tale before.

Once upon a time, not that long ago, a handsome window cleaner was busy at work, when he heard a mother turn to her offspring and say,

"If you do not work harder in school and ensure your homework is completed, you will be doing a job like him" the window cleaner was shocked and deeply hurt when he noted that the mother was in fact pointing in his direction.

He then realised that his friendly, tea providing customer considered him to be the village idiot.

Something needed to be done. Once his work was completed he tidied away his equipment and went to collect payment. Taking his opportunity, and being swift of mind, he pointed out in a level and considered tone that he had heard her remarks and fully agreed that her children should work hard. Warming to his task and smiling he moved on quickly as the look of embarrassment crossed his customers face.

"I thought you might like to know that I am in fact an ex police officer who has served in several departments, including CID, Child Protection, Schools Liaison and in Traffic as a motorcyclist."

Her hand covered her face and she shook her head, spluttering her apology.

He should have stopped there, but he had felt the unwarranted need to push his point home.

"In addition to this I am a Commissioned Officer, holding the rank of Captain in the Territorial Army and we home educate our own children as we do not trust the schools to do the job well enough"

He no longer cared if he offended the mother as he was making his point. Window cleaning was a life choice. A lifestyle that meant his children knew who he was. He was there and involved in their upbringing. Just because you choose to clean windows it does not mean you can not do anything else.

There have been many new moons since, and he still enjoys a cup of tea with this lady,....and sometimes a slice of fruit cake.

The End

(If you read this far, well done. Please forgive the grammar and spelling as I am drinking red wine)

Once upon a time, not that long ago, a handsome window cleaner was busy at work, when he heard a mother turn to her offspring and say,

"If you do not work harder in school and ensure your homework is completed, you will be doing a job like him" the window cleaner was shocked and deeply hurt when he noted that the mother was in fact pointing in his direction.

He then realised that his friendly, tea providing customer considered him to be the village idiot.

Something needed to be done. Once his work was completed he tidied away his equipment and went to collect payment. Taking his opportunity, and being swift of mind, he pointed out in a level and considered tone that he had heard her remarks and fully agreed that her children should work hard. Warming to his task and smiling he moved on quickly as the look of embarrassment crossed his customers face.

"I thought you might like to know that I am in fact an ex police officer who has served in several departments, including CID, Child Protection, Schools Liaison and in Traffic as a motorcyclist."

He should have stopped there, but he had felt the unwarranted need to push his point home.

"In addition to this I am a Commissioned Officer, holding the rank of Captain in the Territorial Army and we home educate our own children as we do not trust the schools to do the job well enough"

He no longer cared if he offended the mother as he was making his point. Window cleaning was a life choice. A lifestyle that meant his children knew who he was. He was there and involved in their upbringing. Just because you choose to clean windows it does not mean you can not do anything else.

There have been many new moons since, and he still enjoys a cup of tea with this lady,....and sometimes a slice of fruit cake.

The End

(If you read this far, well done. Please forgive the grammar and spelling as I am drinking red wine)
Red wine ? More like whisky lol , I never read all of it but wow post of the day or what /emoticons/smile.png

The End

Red wine ? More like whisky lol , I never read all of it but wow post of the day or what /emoticons/smile.png
great thread

Back