Employees!?!?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by CMRwindowcleaning, Feb 24, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CMRwindowcleaning

CMRwindowcleaning Active Member

Who has people working for them? Be it 1 or 100? Young lads or grown men? How do you manage them...what do you pay them?

Advertisement
  2. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

tried them all young ,older,friends , friends of family
    at the moment got the best i,ve had, great grafter had him year
    must say find it hard getting good grafters

3. CMRwindowcleaning

How many have you got? I've got a guy at the moment... A friend. Struggling to find a new guy! What kind of money do you think is fair??

4. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

Not speaking from experience, but more from what I've read in similar threads in here, it's a bit of a catch 22.

Great employees often inevitably decide to go it alone eventually, while the not so good ones continue being not so good under your pay!

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

iv 3 fulltimers , lads of 19. its taken me 4 years of employing to get a good grafting bunch,at first i had one parttimer,then 2 parttimers

prior to this iv employed utter wasters ,malingerers, half baked types, rogues, loudmouths , the whole gamut - this is part of the learning curve .
    i pay mine hourly ,guarantee 6 hours per day and round up the hours thereafter. i.e. if its 10 past 4 we finish,theyre paid till 5

6. CMRwindowcleaning

Sounds good it's so hard. I want a young lad...someone willing to listen and learn and I pay hourly and guarantee 6 hours also! What kind of money do you pay if you don't mind me asking? boarcity

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i pay 7 per hour plus an equal share of all tips. a free jumbo bacon roll from the bus cafe every 6 months and holiday pay ,xmas bonus ,footwear allowance, free pick up and drop off at their home god its sounds a real treat ...

and it is!

8. CMRwindowcleaning

Holiday pay and Xmas bonus sounds sweet!! Got any jobs going? Lol boarcity I pay £10 an hour minus the little extras...hopefully I'll find someone reliable soon!

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

when you are fresh out of school at 16 or drifting unemployed at 18 , 7 quid an hour is bloomin good money -and a job for life too, i forgot to add that in above

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

10 is top dollar for a youngster. when i started employing i paid 8, this was a mistake , i got no respect .

Advertisement