Everyday pole

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Den, Apr 29, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Den

Den Forum Addict

Going to buy a gardiner backpack and gardiner slx pole my question is what one 18 or 22 not much weight between them mainly for everyday use and what brush do you recommend for everyday use.
    Thanks.
    Den.

Advertisement
  2. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

The extra 4 feet of the 22 will give you more access to more places including many three story properties. I would personally recommend one of the ultimate Gardiner brushes, but not the stiff one unless you're using hot water.
    My favourite is the flocked brush.

3. Den

Den Forum Addict

Cheers mark where a bouts in Essex are you based mate.

Den.

4. Poles Apart

I've got both there is a noticeable difference in "working weight" I use the 18 where I can I'd question the listed weight difference?

5. Den

Den Forum Addict

Hello poles apart thanks for your views, according to there website only 280g more than the 18 what brush and Jets do you recommend looking to get as many opinions as possible

Thanks.

Den.

6. 1576

1576 Newcomer

Use an 18 and a 22. The 22 comes out only on the jobs that I know need the extra bit of length. Otherwise it's the 18 which is definitely an easier pole to use all day.

7. David K

David K Forum Addict

I love my clx 22 , Got 2 extensions for a few jobs , but the 22 is useable most common jobs .
    Brush is a matter of taste IMO , but gardiners "medium mixed hair " is great for me , and quite good on first cleans too.

8. Marko067

Got to admit Den, that if most of your work can be done with an 18' pole and only a small number with a longer one then if you budget can stretch to it get two. My kit is an SLX18' for 95% of my work and a SLX25' for the longer reaches. My recommendation for the 22' pole was if you're looking for one good all rounder to start with. The 22 foot pole stiil has good reach but is significantly shorter when collapsed than the SLX25 and easier to use on ground floor windows when the room to move is restricted. This is my experience, but it does depend on your work and only you know what that is like.
    My experience with the CLX poles is as follows:
    The 18' pole is very good, even at full reach. It is less rigid than the SLX equivalent but at 18' you won't notice it too much. The weight was the deciding factor for me as I suffer RSI in my wrists easily and I really do notice the difference between the two.
    The CLX 22 is also a nice pole. However, at full reach it is noticeably less rigid and for me this was a big problem. It is more unwieldy and tended to cause me shoulder strain. Add to that the extra weight, I changed them both for SLXs as soon as I could. Never regretted it!

I'm south Essex by the way

9. Den

Den Forum Addict

Nice one Mark good info, I know south Essex well was born in the most southern town in Essex Tilbury 1968 moved to Maldon district about 17 years ago could even be similar age mate going by your forum name, still got a lot of friends and family that way.

Thanks again

Den.

10. Marko067

#10 Marko067, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    I'm not quite that far south. I grew up and now live in Basildon. I'm closing the gap on 56 and feeling the effects of 40 years on the glass as they say, 30 of which were on ladders.

Advertisement