Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just Had A Commercial Job Come In On My Website

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Evening, I am looking for a quote for the external window cleaning for the O*** Building *** ***, this is facilities managed so that the site can be visited but the facilities are not discussed direct with the client but with the building management company. We will require a quote for 12 months fixed term, monthly cleans. We also need a risk assessment and SWMRA for the work carried out. Please let me know if you require any further information. J Maws*** 01234567890

I dont understand.... a quote for 12 months fixed term ? does ther person mean every 12 months ? or does the person wanta 12 month contract ?

Whats a swmra and how do i carry out a risk assesment ? i know i got to check any hazards ect but whats the besy way like what paperwork do i need ?

Please help thankyou

Nice one h, I hope someone dials that number you put up! I nearly fell for it /emoticons/smile.png

No idea what swmra means, googled it and just got American stuff. Could it be method statement or insurance details? Provide them anyway. Make a nice little document up and put it in one of those soft plastic a4 file holders, forgot what the're called, binders maybe, you get the idea. Shouldn't take more than a page a document, I did it once and the guy was impressed and I got it.

12 month fixed term monthly cleans mean a 12 month contract with 12 cleans per year( monthly) and the price you quote has to stick for that term that's what it means to me anyway

Im going to quote them tomorrow /emoticons/biggrin.png shall i ring the person and then just arrange a meeting with them to arrange a quote ?

its alway nice to give them aring and arrange to see the place to find out anything extra you need to know, like access times etc, plus to do the risk assesment you need to visit the place.

this is facilities managed so that the site can be visited but the facilities are not discussed direct

whats that about ? ^^^

it means that the owner has nothing to do with it. like if i own the building then hire you to manage it, just like using a letting agent to let your house.

Okay so rc... the person who contacted me is the main person that deals with his type of work on that commercial premises right ?

and posh lol were on the same boat /emoticons/wink.png

no the guy that contacted you is from the managing company, the people that deal with all contractors, repairs and things like that

H SWMRA means Safe working methods risk assessments So that's your risk assessment and method statement

Me either I just had a rite good scan on google it's amazing what you find if you scrape around the **** lol

thats true, most places just ask for a method statment and risk assement!

the olny thing i was coing up with to start with is about a SMALL WORKS CONTRACT sort of thing!

Back