Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

(Evil laugh) -- The boot is on the other foot -- (Evil Laugh)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I have two particular customers in decent sized houses, both seem to like to look down on 'the help' as it were.

Any how last two times they have been due I send the text and get messaged back, 'not tomorrow' for some BS reason or other 'next time you're here please'

Only reason they didn't get an instant strike off is cause they are nicely located on the round.

So they missed October and November.................. but wait..............

This week they have both called up and it goes like this:

Them: 'Oh, when are you next due to do my windows?'

Me: 'Sorry, I'm not your window cleaner'

Them: 'But you've cleaned our windows before?'

Me: 'Oh, yes quite some time back, I did text you the last couple of round days but you didn't want them doing. I did explain to you when you hired me it was a regular service to which you agreed'

Them: 'Yes, we do want them doing regularly, so when can you do them?'

Me: 'But you cancelled the last two scheduled cleans so it's apparent you don't want a regular clean hence I gave your places to new clients that do want regular service, in short, you've been removed from rounds'

Them: 'So you wont clean our windows?'

Me: 'Of course I will, it will be £74 / £80 for the next clean'

Them 'You only charged £24 / £30 last time!'

Me: 'Yes that's the price for regular monthly cleaning, however all first cleans incur a first clean surcharge of £50 for the first clean'

Them: 'But it's not a first clean, you've cleaned them before'

Me 'Look, it's as simple as this, regular customers get regular prices, they look after me by giving me regular work so I look after them by giving regular fair prices, you are not a regular customer you are a customer that wants an as and when cleaning so you can pay an as and when price. Should you have them cleaned this time, when I text you in January if you have them cleaned you will get regular prices again, if not then next time you call you will get as and when prices but as for this clean you need to pay the first clean premium if you want them doing, understand?'

Them: 'Yes'

Me : 'So do you want them doing?'

Them 'Yes please'

Me 'Ok, you know my bank details, once you paid I will get you booked in this week.'

Them: 'Ok thank you.'

Me: 'Waahhhhhaaaahhhhhahhhhhhhahhhhhhhhahhhhhh!! (Insert emoji of Dr Evil!) Muuuuwaahhhhhahhhhhahhhhhahhhhh

Yep they both paid up and now I got to go do the windows this week! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Good on you, had two myself the last couple of months didn't even txt them this month, one phoned last week I told them they have been removed as I don't do as an when, wished I tried your tactics.

It's in the air. Posted this yesterday on my personal facebook page. (very locked down and private.)

Only 1 word amended to keep in line with the no swearing rules on this forum.

Ex-customer (EC) next to a regular customer today while I am cleaning windows.

EC - Hello!

Me - Hello back!

EC - I've decided that you can do my windows again.

Me - Can I? That's nice.

EC - Yes. It's not going to rain today. So when you have finished there (I'm cleaning the upstairs windows of their neighbour) you will start on mine.

Me - Nope!

EC - What? No, you will do mine then.

Me - Nope!

EC - I said it's not going to rain today.

Me - That's nice.

EC - Is it the same price?

Me - Is what?

EC - What you charge for windows. Is it still £12?

Me - Well it depends on where I am, how many windows and who it's for.

EC - Me of course.

Me - Ahhhhhh! £50

EC - What??? I'm not paying that.

Me - And that's why I am not cleaning your windows.

Ex customer who now has steam coming out of her ears goes in and rants to her husband with the front door wide open.

And on cue here comes "husband".

Hus - Oi boy! ( And he's at least 10 years younger than me) why aint you cleaning our windows?

Me - £65

Hus - You just said £50.

Me - As I just said to your wife, price depends on where I am, how many windows and who it's for. This "boy" would charge your wife £50, you £65.

Hus - You used to do them for £12?

Me - Yes! I did but your wife kept cancelling when I called around for stupid reasons like it rained 2 days after I cleaned them last, it was too cold etc etc. And I told her that I would not be wasting my time anymore as this is my living. Not a hobby.

Hus - But we can't get a window cleaner to come out this way.

Me - £100

Hus - You're a "Tanker." ( A legit word for anyone who served in the tank regts)

Me - Maybe! But you're the one with the ugly wife.

Driving off in my van I offer him a big cheery wave and a smile while he's not left the safety of his front door.

I love my job.
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png

god im now praying for some awkward customers so i can try some of that , be worth losing a bit of work just to say that , quality

I had one in the summer that i turned up and it was red hot, like 25 degrees, got all my gear out

Husband came and said sheepishly, "wife doesnt want them doing as its going to chuck it down tonight"

Really? it might rain later so i cant earn a wage?

It baffles me when they think its some kind of hobby or game, i suppose the beer money brigade have given it that name, times still need to change in our industry where we are actually taken seriously not messed about.

I have two particular customers in decent sized houses, both seem to like to look down on 'the help' as it were.
Any how last two times they have been due I send the text and get messaged back, 'not tomorrow' for some BS reason or other 'next time you're here please'

Only reason they didn't get an instant strike off is cause they are nicely located on the round.

So they missed October and November.................. but wait..............

This week they have both called up and it goes like this:

Them: 'Oh, when are you next due to do my windows?'

Me: 'Sorry, I'm not your window cleaner'

Them: 'But you've cleaned our windows before?'

Me: 'Oh, yes quite some time back, I did text you the last couple of round days but you didn't want them doing. I did explain to you when you hired me it was a regular service to which you agreed'

Them: 'Yes, we do want them doing regularly, so when can you do them?'

Me: 'But you cancelled the last two scheduled cleans so it's apparent you don't want a regular clean hence I gave your places to new clients that do want regular service, in short, you've been removed from rounds'

Them: 'So you wont clean our windows?'

Me: 'Of course I will, it will be £74 / £80 for the next clean'

Them 'You only charged £24 / £30 last time!'

Me: 'Yes that's the price for regular monthly cleaning, however all first cleans incur a first clean surcharge of £50 for the first clean'

Them: 'But it's not a first clean, you've cleaned them before'

Me 'Look, it's as simple as this, regular customers get regular prices, they look after me by giving me regular work so I look after them by giving regular fair prices, you are not a regular customer you are a customer that wants an as and when cleaning so you can pay an as and when price. Should you have them cleaned this time, when I text you in January if you have them cleaned you will get regular prices again, if not then next time you call you will get as and when prices but as for this clean you need to pay the first clean premium if you want them doing, understand?'

Them: 'Yes'

Me : 'So do you want them doing?'

Them 'Yes please'

Me 'Ok, you know my bank details, once you paid I will get you booked in this week.'

Them: 'Ok thank you.'

Me: 'Waahhhhhaaaahhhhhahhhhhhhahhhhhhhhahhhhhh!! (Insert emoji of Dr Evil!) Muuuuwaahhhhhahhhhhahhhhhahhhhh

Yep they both paid up and now I got to go do the windows this week! /emoticons/biggrin.png
Wonder price lol

Picked up new customer October charged £25 first clean and she went for £18 every 8 weeks so I texted on the Wednesday to notify I was coming Friday when it's due but she needs to be in for access? I get no response for rest of week, I text again Saturday saying I need a response to organise the job she texts back "I'm in and out all the time you'll have to leave it til after Xmas" Me, "I'll leave it from now on I haven't got time", her, "What do mean you haven't got time it was you who let me down Friday" Eh???

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Love reading all these, glad it isn't just me. I've had one this week that waited for me to get my gear out only to pop her head out to say 'leave it this month please'

It's not that I'm skint but Christmas is heavy on the wallet so I'm glad of my regulars...and not glad to miss jobs out.

I might miss January's too, because I can.

I've got. (Had) one on the round who was an 8week clean, then after a while started saying on the phone 'I don't think I need them doing this time as you've got them nice and clean'

I said politely, just let me know when you'd like them doing then.

Haven't been back since the summer, so if he calls when they're minging he might cough at double the rate[emoji23].

I might try an ad hoc payment system with my mortgage company...[emoji849]

I've got a couple of them, can't afford to sack them off yet so just got to play along with it, Given up chasing them now and just leave it till they ring.

Got one that was 6 weekly when I did the first clean, text him the night before the 2nd clean, "can you make it 8 weeks?" So went back after 8 weeks for second clean, Then he says the windows are still clean can we make it 12 weeks next time.

If he wasn't my mums next door neighbour I would have sacked him straight off.

Got a few houses in that road all 6 weekly now so not much of an issue, just have to miss him out every other time

Latest Posts

Back