Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Extreme 22 or 25

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Which would you recommend?

• Extreme 22

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Extreme 25

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Probably could do it with the Extreme or if you did have worn sections on the Extreme cut them off and put those new Phantom clamps on it. 

Once you've got a system in place for maintaining your poles it can become quite quick, same as cleaning windows. I use a length of dowel and a small microfibre. I make a small wad and push it through with the dowel to do the insides and wipe the outsides down with a damp microfibre. in winter I re-tape the top two or three sections of my everyday pole every two weeks.

The way i approached this was having two poles (could use another one tbh) - i have extreme 18 and a SLX35 for higher stuff - the way i figured it was i would use the SLX less and so i would go for a cheaper option and spend more on the one i use most. In hindsight i would have got the Extreme 22 version bc there is many jobs i do that are just a few feet out of reach with the Extreme18 - its always a compromise between of course and if i was gonna only get one pole it would be the extreme 25 for access to jobs you wouldnt be able to reach. Also although its a tiny bit heavier the fact you wont be stretching will help you a lot.

I have to confess to completely neglecting my poles.  I've had my SLX22 for nearly three years and serviced about once, about 6 months ago.  It is spinning a little on down stairs windows but not enough to really annoy me.  The superglue is a good tip, I may give that a go when I get a minute.  

Extreme 18 and extreme 25 is what I use, I have the extreme extensions to make my 25 to a extreme 35 ?Once every 8 weeks I add extension slx 8 and 9 for some 4 four storey house. 

By by having the extreme 18 as my everyday pole and only use the extreme 25 when needed for example I used my extreme just the once today in theory the extreme 25 and extensions should last a really long time. 

Give my Extreme good strip down, clean and spary with gt end of each week. Not sure it will make it last longer but it comes up super and like new (minus some scratches).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to confess to completely neglecting my poles.  I've had my SLX22 for nearly three years and serviced about once, about 6 months ago.  It is spinning a little on down stairs windows but not enough to really annoy me.  The superglue is a good tip, I may give that a go when I get a minute.  
I think its epoxy resin they recommend mate, then file it back until its got a smooth finish and slides back together again.

xtreme 25 and xtreme 47 for me,these are the only 2 poles i use.....be prepared.......an everyday xtreme pole with be knackered after 12-18 months but they are still worth it because they make work a lot easier overall day in/day out......

Currently using an slx 25 and an xtreme 22 which I have snapped twice so its now about a 20. Had the xtreme about 2 years ish and the slx 5 years. The Xtreme is, in my view, not particularly robust and nowhere near as strong as the slx but of course its heavier. My heart sank when I first heard the Xtreme crack and just collapse into shredds. ? 

CLX27, abuse it as much as you want and buy a new one 3 years later. The real men stick a flocked 45cm brush on the end as well  :1f618:
how old are you?and how long have you been using wfp?ive been wfp 10 years now and im 48 and i much prefer using an xtreme pole every day...im a big lad too and go weight training 2 or 3 times a week but it cuts down overall strain massively during your working day....i have lots of awkward windows to clean on certain parts of my round though and larger jobs....

how old are you?and how long have you been using wfp?ive been wfp 10 years now and im 48 and i much prefer using an xtreme pole every day...im a big lad too and go weight training 2 or 3 times a week but it cuts down overall strain massively during your working day....i have lots of awkward windows to clean on certain parts of my round though and larger jobs....
I think your find @Part Timer a bit bigger than you I’m a natural heavy weight and he makes me look anorexic ?

56 years young and have barely lifted any weights in my life. Been doing WFP on and off for 9 years, but permanently for the last 5. 

My work is mainly commercial and the 45cm brush saves me loads of time.

While you're working on the weights I'm relaxing having a beer.

56 years young and have barely lifted any weights in my life. Been doing WFP on and off for 9 years, but permanently for the last 5. 

My work is mainly commercial and the 45cm brush saves me loads of time.

While you're working on the weights I'm relaxing having a beer.
i dont drink alcohol.........it makes you soft in the head...?

id rather be in the gym than the pub (or drinking alcohol at home)......

Last edited by a moderator:
Back