Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Extreme 22 or 25

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Which would you recommend?

• Extreme 22

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Extreme 25

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
i dont drink alcohol.........it makes you soft in the head...?

id rather be in the gym than the pub (or drinking alcohol at home)......
Don't drink at home , I'm a social drinker. Currently in a bar in Newmarket relaxing  after a 10 hour day.

If everyone was the same, and liked doing the same things, it would be a boring world.

im 6 ft 2in and weigh 112kg at present(17 stone 9lbs)......?
I'm 6'5", might have shrunk an inch, and was 17 stone when I left school at 16. I played Under 19 rugby at a very high level at your current weight. 

It is a stretch to do the top windows on a 3 storey. How do you guys find it doing say a new build 3 storey house?
I am 5 ft and can do most ofthese with a 22ft ? just a few with dormer windows set further back and veluxs that I have two SLX extensions #6 & #7

I think its epoxy resin they recommend mate
Could have done with some yesterday when section #2 snapped at the top of the older MK2 xtreme ?

To continue with the off topic thread drift  :1f609:

Have many stopped pole spinning by replacing the offending clamp (I know Gardiners recommend it as solution) if so would say it's effective/not worth bothering? 

To continue with the off topic thread drift  :1f609:

Have many stopped pole spinning by replacing the offending clamp (I know Gardiners recommend it as solution) if so would say it's effective/not worth bothering? 
Spinning on my SLX27 was caused by dirt getting inside the clamp and wearing away at the top of the following section. If you look at the top of the sections there will likely be a small indent where the clamp has worn away a small piece at the very top. If you were to change the clamp the section would still be worn away and spinning would still occur. It the dirt has caused the inside of the clamp to become uneven and abrasive then it wouldn't do any harm to replace it.

Spinning on my SLX27 was caused by dirt getting inside the clamp and wearing away at the top of the following section. If you look at the top of the sections there will likely be a small indent where the clamp has worn away a small piece at the very top. If you were to change the clamp the section would still be worn away and spinning would still occur. It the dirt has caused the inside of the clamp to become uneven and abrasive then it wouldn't do any harm to replace it.
I always try to clamp in different places when collapsed especially on the top section so it wares evenly over time. 

Had this pole just over 2years so happy with it its just about to be replaced with another snapped number 2 section my fault trying close stiff opener number 1 section badly worn but still going number 3 section found a big split half way down still going just 4 and 5 sections fine bit of were not to bad all in all happy with it went back to slx yesterday as clamp glue came undone felt heavy compaired to extreme 

Took a detailed look at the offending pole, (1st two sections spin) pole sections are worn but not in pronounced groove (in fact I can fully tighten the clamps (so they pinch and won't close anymore) and slid them fully up/down both entire lengths (so think it's not the poles that have worn, as you guys say it would only wear in the 'clamp' zones...but the two clamps do look worn...especially the 'round' plastic part which encases the metallic round 'lug' at the 'hinge' part of the clamp (ie. not the nut which you tighten - if that makes sense)...will just replace the clamps I think.   

Had this pole just over 2years so happy with it its just about to be replaced with another snapped number 2 section my fault trying close stiff opener
Did exactly the same with my 2 year old Xtreme pole , trying to push close an open upstairs window which had a stiffer than expected set of hinges. It pushed in about 2 inches and then the pole snapped just below the clamp on section 2. I cut it down to an area where there was no shredding on the section and glued on a new clamp. The second time it snapped was unexplained but again it was an upstairs window. Not an open window or anything ...guess there must have been a weakness from the first snap. I never try to push a window closed now, just try to clean it open, ask the custy to close it or if not in an not accessible, miss it. Lesson learned. The Xtremes are great poles and ill defo have another but keep the cleaning action simple and straighforward and it will last a good while.  

Had this pole just over 2years so happy with it its just about to be replaced with another snapped number 2 section my fault trying close stiff opener number 1 section badly worn but still going number 3 section found a big split half way down still going just 4 and 5 sections fine bit of were not to bad all in all happy with it went back to slx yesterday as clamp glue came undone felt heavy compaired to extreme 
i buy an new xtreme 25 every year now.....mine are usually knackered after 12 months!

It's been so wet here the last few days it's been like working in a cloud. Everything is soaked even tough it's not rained as such. However, I'm getting tons of grit pulled up inside my pole (Xtreme 22). I've taken it apart each evening and run a small microfibre through it with a long dowel. The amount of muck that comes out is quite shocking. In the summer though, I hardly have to touch it maintenance wise. I've had it a little over three years and only had to replace section no.3 about a year ago. It gets heavy usage three to four days a week. I'm very pleased with it so far. I have recently used two part gorilla epoxy to build up the diameter where it clamps on the no.1 section when extended. This has worked very well 

All that talk of snapped sections reminded me to post this link.

https://www.easycomposites.co.uk/#!/composites-tutorials/how-to-repair-a-broken-carbon-fibre-fishing-pole

I've got a few guttervac (3, tut!) carbon poles that I've discarded on the lawn and then stepped back onto 'crunncch' ?, So ordered the repair kit and looking for the perfect storm of time and motivation to tackle the repairs, so can't comment on the efficacy of the kit but it looks promising and video makes it look abc. (kit could do 3-4 poles sections.

Designed to go on the outside so ideal for guttervac poles...but also explains how the repair can be done on the 'insides' so might work for some snaps on WFP..anyhow have a watch and see if it might be of use for you post a 'thwack/crunnch' moment.

Latest Posts

Back