Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Eyesight / glasses/ this job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You can usually find me in my polarized safety sunnies.

Not for correcting vision but Polarization when looking at glass really shows up ever last little bit of fly s***e so they do help me to give the best result possible. But no, not for vision correction.

My glasses have light reactive lenses so are excellent when i go stalking pike but just don't like wearing glasses while working

My glasses have light reactive lenses so are excellent when i go stalking pike but just don't like wearing glasses while working
ARRRRGGHHHHH S***H***!***T You done it now Davey! Mad fly fisherman myself, not that I need and excuse to hit the lake but now I can convince her indoors that it's a business meeting with my new window cleaning technical adviser ! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'll bring the beers! /emoticons/tongue.png

I fly fish for pike

Have a saltwater fly rod for pike and carp off the top in summer and 6ft fox stalking rod for lure fishing

Glasses on for me when i am not working! I should wear them all the time but hate them, they just get in the way and annoy me /emoticons/smile.png

I love fly fishing and lure fishing but can't stand normal sit for hours nothing happening fishing

All that is good for is drinking

I can walk for miles up the local canal (river lea navigation )

Once walked almost to east india dock where they now built the Olympic Park from hertford with a mate

Nearly 26 miles

Wife weren't happy at 11pm on a summers day

"Can you come pick us up"

just been chattin with friends about eyesight and this job. iv never seen a windie with glasses , have you?
im thinking that you need to be able to focus on the glass surface [and not look thru it] to check for cleanliness. by doing this focussing you use you eye muscles a lot more than what is usual, hence it makes your eye vision better than average. what dyou reckon ?
I see what your saying :thumbsup:

Back