Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Eyup from Yorkshire. Starting up newb

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Evening chaps and chapesses. Time served mechanic/technician/MOT tester/Warranty administrator/workshop controller/used vehicle buyer n seller……. Looking to get out of the trade and do something with less stress.
I have a couple of vans i stock that ive bought to sell but I'm keeping one (a merc vito euro 6).
I have been offered a full used x -line set up but its been sat under a tarpauline and the tank carcass has bowed so the lid wont seal.
So im looking for at least a tank with the 2 man DI set up. (Missed a beauty today on Ebay?) ive got hoses and poles already i think.
Anyway im probs boring u all so hello and happy new year ?

Evening chaps and chapesses. Time served mechanic/technician/MOT tester/Warranty administrator/workshop controller/used vehicle buyer n seller……. Looking to get out of the trade and do something with less stress.
I have a couple of vans i stock that ive bought to sell but I'm keeping one (a merc vito euro 6).
I have been offered a full used x -line set up but its been sat under a tarpauline and the tank carcass has bowed so the lid wont seal.
So im looking for at least a tank with the 2 man DI set up. (Missed a beauty today on Ebay?) ive got hoses and poles already i think.
Anyway im probs boring u all so hello and happy new year ?
Welcome. The X line system might be decent - you could contact x line and see how much a new tank is without all the fittings as you have them on the used one?

Im a bit worried about the pumps etc being stood too long too?
There is a risk, you could use a 12v battery and see if they spring back to life or use it as a negotiating tactic :) All depends on what sort of money they want vs a new one. The thing that is sometimes the expensive bit is the tank mounting frame. Carrying hundreds of kg of water needs to be securely attached to the chassis of the van. Strapping a tank in isn't a good idea as the mounting points are way too weak to take the load in the event of an accident.

The pumps are fairly robust, you can buy new pressure switches or rubber diaphragms but replacing both starts to be a bit of a false economy. They do also very gradually pump less as they wear but that's over years of use.

Have you tested your home water TDS and pressure? This will indicate how you process your water to get it pure unless you intend to buy from someone like spotless.
Once you know that you will have a better idea of what system you need.

There is a risk, you could use a 12v battery and see if they spring back to life or use it as a negotiating tactic :) All depends on what sort of money they want vs a new one. The thing that is sometimes the expensive bit is the tank mounting frame. Carrying hundreds of kg of water needs to be securely attached to the chassis of the van. Strapping a tank in isn't a good idea as the mounting points are way too weak to take the load in the event of an accident.

The pumps are fairly robust, you can buy new pressure switches or rubber diaphragms but replacing both starts to be a bit of a false economy. They do also very gradually pump less as they wear but that's over years of use.

Have you tested your home water TDS and pressure? This will indicate how you process your water to get it pure unless you intend to buy from someone like spotless.
Once you know that you will have a better idea of what system you need.
As Yorkshire water is the best in the country?, a D/I system is all thats needed apparently!

Latest Posts

Back