Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook adds during lockdown

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What's the ideal daily budget for best return? Or does that depend on potential reach?
The highest u can do is the best budget lol 

Fbk ads are not cheap , its the most expensive way to advertise , i know this lad who gets me fbk ad vouchers for cheap so im kinda lucky 

What's the ideal daily budget for best return? Or does that depend on potential reach?
Potential reach, you need to covering a large densely populated area and travelling to towns and villages within a 5-10 mile radius otherwise paid Fb ad's are pointless. 

Potential reach, you need to covering a large densely populated area and travelling to towns and villages within a 5-10 mile radius otherwise paid Fb ad's are pointless. 
That would also be true for any kind of other advertising, such as Google Ads or buying leads from lead gen companies.

Unfortunately, the demand is simply not there if you want to cover a very small radius, especially in smaller cities, and it's even worse in villages, where the population is naturally lower.

The best results are achieved either in big cities where the demand is higher due to population density, or otherwise if you're in a less populated area, then you need to expand your coverage to make the advertising worthwhile.

That would also be true for any kind of other advertising, such as Google Ads or buying leads from lead gen companies.

Unfortunately, the demand is simply not there if you want to cover a very small radius, especially in smaller cities, and it's even worse in villages, where the population is naturally lower.

The best results are achieved either in big cities where the demand is higher due to population density, or otherwise if you're in a less populated area, then you need to expand your coverage to make the advertising worthwhile.
This is why door knocking works best , nice compact work very little travelling , you choose the areas you want to work in ,no relying on phone calls from hear there and everywhere. 

I have learnt this through experience, my work area is condensed and I won't travel to areas, estates or even certain streets and this can fall under the next street over from my house to the another town or village I simply have no interest in or have had next to no enquires over the years I have stuck by this for over 20 years 

I guess it all depends on how much you want to grow and fast you want to do it. If you're fine being a one-man band and you're satisfied with your daily routine/revenue, then there's nothing wrong with sticking to local areas and being very picky about what you want to do.

However, I'm sure when it comes to expanding and hiring people, then you'll have no choice but to cover more areas, because otherwise there's only so much you can do yourself physically during a working day, and no matter how much you charge for your jobs, sooner or later you'll hit a brick wall in terms of income.

Obviously, money is not everything and people have different goals in life, so like I said earlier, horses for courses.

I guess it all depends on how much you want to grow and fast you want to do it. If you're fine being a one-man band and you're satisfied with your daily routine/revenue, then there's nothing wrong with sticking to local areas and being very picky about what you want to do.

However, I'm sure when it comes to expanding and hiring people, then you'll have no choice but to cover more areas, because otherwise there's only so much you can do yourself physically during a working day, and no matter how much you charge for your jobs, sooner or later you'll hit a brick wall in terms of income.

Obviously, money is not everything and people have different goals in life, so like I said earlier, horses for courses.
After 20 years in this game I have no desire to employ I am very fortunate in that I can cherry pick the work I want, also they ain't stopped building houses in the next town for the last 10 years and have the green light for 100's of houses for another 10 years former industrial areas and a large estate landowner formerly of the Bonnie Bobby Shafto 100's of acres of land that has continually been sold off and will be for the forseeable future.

I have done it and most of our work is only 10 miles away from home apart from the commercial we do up to London . It takes time but it can easily be done through methodical door knocking , it means your overheads are far lower , and you have less likely hood of the competition getting a foot in the door , we have housing estates where we literally have hundreds of customers and I don’t live in a densely populated area . 

I haven't had success with my my Facebook campaigns so far. Still waiting for some feedback, but I think I might have to consider something else.
It seems to work quite well for @harunh ,so you might want to PM me for help, if it's something specific. Otherwise, it might be worth doing some research on Google/YouTube on how to set up campaigns properly, etc.

Like with anything, results can hugely vary, depending on how it's done, although I'm not personally a big fan of Facebook Ads.

P.S. Are you really from New York?

Hi there all i can say is...

Hell yeah during lock down I did my first test using Facebook ads on there lead generation, so its got a sign up form etc

June and July i spent £250 total on ads exactly the same add picture for June/July and got £840 in gutter cleans alone! 

when I'm able to get out of my yell.com contract, that £100 a month will be spent on Facebook ads on a rolling basis through the year.

Strongly Recomend giving it a go.

We use Facebook ads, along with Google ads to generate new customers for window cleaners. We've seen some fantastic numbers this year. The problem with Facebook, it can be expensive, but only if you're not doing it right.

We have seen leads in the range of 70p all the way up to £3.50 each, and depending where you are in the country depends how much you will be paying, and these are just leads, not even converted customers (you should be looking at around 1:3 as being 'good'). Learning how to target these kind of ads is a full-time job within itself and I suspect @madeads will agree with me on that one.

If you have a knowledge and understanding how Facebook ads work and how to target the right audiences, you're away! But it takes a while to learn the system to make it work for you, not Facebook!

We use Facebook ads, along with Google ads to generate new customers for window cleaners. We've seen some fantastic numbers this year. The problem with Facebook, it can be expensive, but only if you're not doing it right.

We have seen leads in the range of 70p all the way up to £3.50 each, and depending where you are in the country depends how much you will be paying, and these are just leads, not even converted customers (you should be looking at around 1:3 as being 'good'). Learning how to target these kind of ads is a full-time job within itself and I suspect @madeads will agree with me on that one.

If you have a knowledge and understanding how Facebook ads work and how to target the right audiences, you're away! But it takes a while to learn the system to make it work for you, not Facebook!
I don't do Facebook Ads myself, but regardless of whether you are advertising on Facebook or Google, you can easily burn loads of money and get very little results, if the campaign is not structured correctly.

A perfect example of that is when people bid on "broad match" keywords on Google without understanding exactly what it means. You may have "window cleaning" as your target keyword in the campaign, but if it's a broad match, then it could attract all kinds of traffic, anything from gutter cleaning, office cleaning or even carpet cleaning - that's how bad Google's broad match is.

There are many other things that can affect campaign performance, such as poor location targeting, weak ads and irrelevant landing pages...The list goes on.

It's fascinating to read this discussion and see the time, effort and money people are willing to put into paid ads, be they on Facebook or Google Search. I've covered some of this in another recent reply so will try not to repeat myself too much and try to answer the original question as succinctly as possible. But I must admit my point is more related to PPC advertising than FB.

Firstly, any pay per click or other paid ads campaign needs to be properly targetted and focused on a particular service you're offering in a very specific location. You only want the ad showing to people wanting that service within the area you work in. The main reason PPC ads don't bring in new work is because they are too vague and don't have an optimised and targetted landing page linked to that advert. In this context a landing page is a customised page tailored to the advert and what you're offering and ideally with a clear 'call to action' e.g. contact form for the customer to contact you. So what happens is people may click the paid ad - costing you money - then be taken to a page (homepage for example) that doesn't specifically target the service required or the exact location the user wants. So they bounce back to the search results but it's still cost you money.

If you're advertising a window cleaning service in town X the user expects to see a page about that, not a homepage offering the whole range of add on services in towns X Y & Z. People expect it served up on a plate and can't be bothered to have to start navigating a site.

PPC is also open to abuse with your competitors clicking on and off your ad using up your budget. Google does have automated procedures in place to deal with this and there are (costly and/or complicated) steps you can take to prevent and investigate click fraud....but good luck trying to prove it or getting Google to actually take any action or refund you.

Anyway, here a few stats :

• Paid ads receive approx 10-15% of all clicks (search traffic)
  • That means organic search results plus the Google My Business Local Pack receive 85%+ of search traffic, or put another way 85% or more of online enquiries
  • Average click through rate for paid ads is about 3%
  • top placed result on the organic (i.e. 1 to 10) results has an average CTR of 31%
  • top 5 results receive 75% of all search traffic
  • improving your rank by 1 place increases your search traffic and the increase can be very significant, e.g going from no. 6 to no. 5 averages a 50% + increase in visitors to your site
  • Brian Dean, founder of Backlinko - and SEO legend - estimates improving your organic ranking by 1 place on page 1 leads to an average 30% increase in traffic

So my point is very simple - invest your time and effort into your website content and SEO, and improving your domain authority with off page SEO through link building and authoritative citation sources. If you can get your website into the top 3 results for your services in your location you won't have to mess about with paid ads or low quality jobs off FB. The website will bring the work in all year round, allowing for seasonal peaks and troughs of course. The only ongoing costs are hosting and maintenance.

Data supporting the above is easily found online. And the benefits of a highly ranking website are huge. Investing in your website is an investment in your future and could well be the best business decision you'll ever make. I'm not suggesting paid ads don't work because clearly they can if done well - but why pay for new enquiries as a main method of customer acquisition? And if you haven't got a website yet get one!

Latest Posts

Back