Facebook/twitter tips and tricks!

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Diwrnach, Sep 26, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

So I am a bit of a geek, and really wanting to utilize both of these mediums as best I can.

So far doing well on Facebook, and got loads of followers on twitter but not got any work off it yet.

I'll copy/paste a message I just sent to someone asking for Facebook advice, this is what I do, was wondering what you guys do?

Hopefully some of this might be helpful and if not please do offer up any and all advice, tips and tricks on how to use these to get customers!

First off make a business page, put pictures on it etc, make it look good, logo if you have one.

Then spend time trying to find every single selling page you can in your area, I'm on around 15-20 selling pages.

Make yourself an advert, I save it on notepad and just copy/paste it onto the selling pages.

Now this is something most don't do, but is how I find a lot of my customers, top right you have an spy glass/search bar that searches the page, do it regularly, I do it maybe twice a day and search for "window cleaner" you will be surprised how many people go on these pages looking for a window cleaner, I have contacted 5 in the last 3 days, sometimes it can go quiet, sometimes some pages not many ask for them for some reason, guessing that area must be busy already I guess?

Then just abide by the page rules which is usually don't bump more than once every 24 hours, and try and grab everyone who asks for a window cleaner offering your services.

I have only really started doing this in the last few weeks and getting loads of interest from it, quoted 4 new customers last night and got all 4, all of them from facebook :)

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Well done, I don't do either of them though.

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

im going to cane the twitter thang once iv worked out how to get followers in my area

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I do it and it gets me a good few jobs. .usually people pee'd off with lazy or permanently absent windie wanting a good one

5. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Yeah that happens quite a lot daveyboy.
    As for twitter I have over a 100 followers, but all businesses, not got a single job off it, not sure how to use twitter to get work to be honest.

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

there must be a way to find local people on twitter [not businesses] , to follow and to then post to

any ideas?

7. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

No idea, was hoping someone on here might have a way, I seem to be doing OK with facebook, but getting knowhere with twitter.

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

have twitter messaged you to invite you to do the paid ads yet? they have me , but im wary that the ads wont be local enough

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i had great results initially with the paid facebook ads that pop up in the feed of FB users in my area- but as the months have gone on,got poorer results cos so many different ads pop up that they annoy users

10. Scottie

Scottie Well-Known Member

Well, I started to join all the uy sell and business sites in my area and clicked them to join one after the other. I get a block form facebook and a message saying I am resricted from posting or joining groups until 29th Oct. What the hell is that about? says it could be someone found you to be annoying or abusive, lol I have not posted anything only joined some groups, I made an appeal, see what happens. What a joke. So you cna only join a few groups at a time I assume. GRR great start scottie :(

Advertisement