Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift system installed but don't know how to operate it:(

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It is, but if no training was given then that loses its 'curb appeal.' @Amazinisn't the first person to complain about a lack of instruction and demonstration on a fitted system by this supplier.

I guess they are relying on us to fill in the gaps.
Bloody shocking customer service and reputation. The more people that see the post will just steer past the brand 

Nice tidy system 
are you being sarcastic? 

Surely when having a system professionally fitted they go through how it works with you at the time ?.... then anything you arnt sure about I would give them a ring and ask , seams a very strange set up if they don’t talk you through it .
He did a brief intro and said he will email me the instructions but nothing. It was a highly recommended company so I won't name them. I might still use them next time because I know there are worse companies out there. I've heard some nasty stories about other places. 

I guess they are relying on us to fill in the gaps.
This is why this community is so special 

When I started out I heard that along with Xline. Thats why I build my own systems 
That's what I will do next time because I honestly don't like having to rely on third parties but what can I do? I'm new to wfp systems 

btw, I finally got the answer I was looking for this morning, I started this post because I thought it was very strange that the water supply hose was not connected to the prefilters but to the tank. The reason is because there's a ball-valve inside the tank. So tap water will go into the tank through the ball-valve then go to the prefilters then RO

Last edited by a moderator:
btw, I finally got the answer I was looking for this morning, I started this post because I thought it was very strange that the water supply hose was not connected to the prefilters but to the tank. The reason is because there's a ball-valve inside the tank. So tap water will go into the tank through the ball-valve then go to the prefilters then RO
Seriously? What pushes the water through the filters once it's been in the tank? 

Normally from tap to pre filters to RO to DI to tank. Then pump from pure tank to reel to pole to brush.

That said if you just put the output of the DI to a ball valve in the tank you need a way to shut off supply as RO would enable water to flow to drain.

are you being sarcastic? 

He did a brief intro and said he will email me the instructions but nothing. It was a highly recommended company so I won't name them. I might still use them next time because I know there are worse companies out there. I've heard some nasty stories about other places. 

This is why this community is so special 

That's what I will do next time because I honestly don't like having to rely on third parties but what can I do? I'm new to wfp systems 

Its nice and compact. Blacks my favourite colour. Do you have it running now?

Seriously? What pushes the water through the filters once it's been in the tank? 

Normally from tap to pre filters to RO to DI to tank. Then pump from pure tank to reel to pole to brush.

That said if you just put the output of the DI to a ball valve in the tank you need a way to shut off supply as RO would enable water to flow to drain.
not entirely sure tbh with you so I'm guessing there's a tube inside the tank that's connected to the ball valve then come out the tank to connect to the prefilters. I think I better call them to clarify

Its nice and compact. Blacks my favourite colour. Do you have it running now?
not yet, I need to get a booster pump. I suppose I can use spotless water for now but it's a pain because it's 45min drive 

121674347_737680680151650_745077602950609117_n.jpg

not entirely sure tbh with you so I'm guessing there's a tube inside the tank that's connected to the ball valve then come out the tank to connect to the prefilters. I think I better call them to clarify

not yet, I need to get a booster pump. I suppose I can use spotless water for now but it's a pain because it's 45min drive 

View attachment 22134
I'm not familiar with the system however the connections are pretty common

You should have tap water enter one side of the prefilters then out into one side of the RO unit and then the nearly pure water enters the marked inlet of the DI vessel for polishing off then enters your tap.

If you have a ball **** or manual / electronic fill shut off.  

I'm not sure if you have another associated electronics like a solenoid flush valve system etc

I'm sure the guys on here can help you. 

Brodex use that ball valve system. They use it as a stop valve to switch the water off to the r/o when the tank is full.

It's a mechanical version of an electronic float switch with a normally off solenoid valve.

I've never heard of any other company fit one apart from Brodex.

I thought the title was the giveaway ? otherwise you have had installed by someone else, but if you bought it brand new then it should have had instructions for a newbie. 

I thought the title was the giveaway ? otherwise you have had installed by someone else, but if you bought it brand new then it should have had instructions for a newbie. 
As I plan on buying a facelift system I emailed WCW , they have replied ,they are asking the manufacturer for a paper or pdf version on how the system works, as I asked about wiring diagrams, for powered reel,setting dead ends  etc.

They also said instructions do come in the box when delivered.

As I plan on buying a facelift system I emailed WCW , they have replied ,they are asking the manufacturer for a paper or pdf version on how the system works, as I asked about wiring diagrams, for powered reel,setting dead ends  etc.

They also said instructions do come in the box when delivered.
Alright, I'll ask them as well. which facelift (why the hell is it called facelift? lol) system are you going for? 

Brodex use that ball valve system. They use it as a stop valve to switch the water off to the r/o when the tank is full.

It's a mechanical version of an electronic float switch with a normally off solenoid valve.

I've never heard of any other company fit one apart from Brodex.
thanks for that info, I took a step further today and looked inside the tank. This is certainly not a common system. Almost all systems have the water supply connected to the prefilters first. My only concern is that if this mechanism goes wrong then my van will be flooded and I wouldn't know how to fix it. 

I was thinking I should just plug the water supply straight into the prefilters and install another auto shut down valve but better than what's in the picture

122120974_1209895889507585_3933063627328521349_n.jpg

122061209_964292564079520_5195283167159055206_n.jpg

122176210_382298562965206_7814688364947706134_n.jpg

thanks for that info, I took a step further today and looked inside the tank. This is certainly not a common system. Almost all systems have the water supply connected to the prefilters first. My only concern is that if this mechanism goes wrong then my van will be flooded and I wouldn't know how to fix it. 

I was thinking I should just plug the water supply straight into the prefilters and install another auto shut down valve but better than what's in the picture

View attachment 22144

View attachment 22146

View attachment 22147
A solenoid valve could also fail. If the power to the solenoid valve fails then the valve will automatically close. But if there is a little bit of grit on the plunger seat the valve won't fully close. It hasn't happened to me in 13 years I've used the system.

I'm not saying they can't ever fail. I installed a new bathroom suit in our bathroom some 18 years ago. During the lockdown the plastic filler valve split. You can get a cheaper replacement off Ebay than what my mates at Brodex sell them for.

https://brodexbms.co.uk/product/tank-float-valve/

They should call it faceless, wheres the customer service 
To be fair. I've emailed them a few times now and they have replied within 24hrs. Also as I said earlier,they are trying to get the manufacturer to send either a paper or pdf on what I have asked for. Now I think it's down to the manufacturer to play ball.

@Amazin

Just a thought. Is there a well established window cleaner near you, that is familiar with the system who could show what goes where? . It should have been all explained to you when they fit it for you. 
but a lot of window cleaners are very helpful, sometimes when someone just shows you it’s easier to follow. Maybe then label the hoses so you know what’s what. 

A solenoid valve could also fail. If the power to the solenoid valve fails then the valve will automatically close. But if there is a little bit of grit on the plunger seat the valve won't fully close. It hasn't happened to me in 13 years I've used the system.

I'm not saying they can't ever fail. I installed a new bathroom suit in our bathroom some 18 years ago. During the lockdown the plastic filler valve split. You can get a cheaper replacement off Ebay than what my mates at Brodex sell them for.
so you don't think solenoid valve is much better? 13 years is impressive for any product. look at this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PART-BALL-FLOAT-VALVE-PLASTIC/dp/B0776WTZZ6/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2FF7VGOQPOQYB&dchild=1&keywords=tank+float+valve&qid=1603228355&sprefix=tank+float%2Caps%2C221&sr=8-8

I guess that's bit cheaper?

@Amazin

Just a thought. Is there a well established window cleaner near you, that is familiar with the system who could show what goes where? . It should have been all explained to you when they fit it for you. 
but a lot of window cleaners are very helpful, sometimes when someone just shows you it’s easier to follow. Maybe then label the hoses so you know what’s what. 
I'm the only guy I know that's got the facelift system, most of them just DIY. It's ok, I feel like I'm 85% there thanks to you guys

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
so you don't think solenoid valve is much better? 13 years is impressive for any product. look at this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PART-BALL-FLOAT-VALVE-PLASTIC/dp/B0776WTZZ6/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2FF7VGOQPOQYB&dchild=1&keywords=tank+float+valve&qid=1603228355&sprefix=tank+float%2Caps%2C221&sr=8-8

I guess that's bit cheaper?

I'm the only guy I know that's got the facelift system, most of them just DIY. It's ok, I feel like I'm 85% there thanks to you guys
No. The Amazon link isn't the same one. The one you linked to is a filler valve for a tank to stop water when the tanks full. After the water passess the valve it's free to fill the tank.

The valve you have has 2 connections: an in and an out. In a way it's like an inline ball valve that opens and closes using that ball float.

There is a hydraulic supplier on eBay who applies fitting and hose that we use. Their name is Circuit Hydraulics. They carry them if I remember correctly.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back