Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Size and prices

WCF

Help Support WCF:

W

willywindows

If your going to do trad, what size ladders to use - 2/3 section and how much to pay?

Would you bother with ladder mitts and Rojak ladder stabilizer ?

We use 3x 20ft doubles, and 1x set of 30ft triples, but might change one set of the double to a 25ft set of doubles as I hate the 30ft's they are too heavy, but I need them for gutters.

I have ladders mitts, but honestly don't use them that often, I also have those footy things...

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/ladders-and-accessories/ladder-footee.html

... for working on decking, but only use them on one or two properties, but I think they will come in handy at the winter. I use ladders mats now and then as well, but mostly just use wooden wedges.

Sorry prices, I bought my ladders from ladders4sale, the doubles cost about £80 I think and the triples were about £160.

I have a b&q ladder to sections £70. Ample big enough for me. I use ladder mits for two reasons. 1 they can stop the ladder sliding down. 2 it shows the customer you care about there property& just remembered 3 they do protect custies sills and facias & wooden frames. I use a ladder mats for staabilizing on uneven ground & a ladder

stand. I also change my ladder feet every 3 months. One thing to try not do is think agh sid it can't be botherd to get that out or fit that coz it takes to much time. Better to take another 2 mins being safe then off for 6 weeks with a broken ankle. One thing I always do is make sure I'm safe as can be and never skimp on nothing.

When I first started I used a set of ladders I got out of homebase and found the feet where more plastic'y and did cause marks, which is why I bought the mitts, but when I switched to trade ladders and feet were bigger, more rubbery and don't mark, which is why I don't use them that often any more.

Yeah they do seem like a great idea but in reality, allot of decking that I have come across have the planks running away from the building making these useless, and they also don't always have a space between the decking planks to slot these into. But I still think they are useful.

My ones I can use whatever way the deckings going. I have a diagram on mine showing me which way to put them if the decking runs away or if the spaces are to close and they work just as well either way.

i have heavy duty 3 section box ladders that can go up to 34 ft but i just use the first two ladders keep the 3rd at home never need it but its always there just incase i need to go high up. i always got ladders matts for unecen ground really came in handy a few times.

if you can get a 2 section pointed ladder you end up doing less climbs, as the ladder can rest higher up on the frame, so i can do a 3/4 pane bay in one climb instead of 2, also they can be used against corners, since i started using them iv decided id never go back to standard ladders, other than triples. because of the rubber topblock i dont need ladder mitts and i dont use a rojack, have seen those decking stoppers and they look good, will invest in some soon

They really are a good bit of kit. I think decking is the worst thing for a trader. When wet its horrible. I saw a chap doing aerials a while back & he was saying about decking so I recommended these things. I see him again a few weeks back & he shook my hand. Reckons they were great.

I don't think that ladders are as expensive as other households. May be I am wrong, but for instance I am not in mood of buying any larders.So, I will stay away from all those discussions.

I use a double 3.5mtr pointer for most of my work... i have a couple of open ended ladders also but its very rare they get used as the pointed ladder is more suitable for most jobs...

I don't think that ladders are as expensive as other households. May be I am wrong, but for instance I am not in mood of buying any larders.So, I will stay away from all those discussions.
I'm getting to like Stefans posts, makes me larf

Please may I ask, what's the advantages of a pointed ladder to a normal open ended ladder?

I can see the big price differences. So as a Trad cleaner, why would I buy a pointed ladder instead of a standard one?

Thanks /emoticons/smile.png

as said above, they are much more versatile, you can have the topblock of the point resting against the frames of the windows, so you are higher up with more ladder to hold onto.

you do less climbs per house with a pointed ladder, as you can reach say 3 panes of a bay instead of just 2, then you have to move the open ended ladder for the 3rd

and you can go up against corners, so big fronted bays that stick out are much easier to clean

plus they look much more professional imo

Latest Posts

Back