Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First accident

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So I done a FSG with tfr.

Pre soaked with water as it was hot and this has happened. Disappointed in myself for letting it happen but it is what it is any ideas on how to try sort it been told colour restorer and few other things.

Happy to go through insurance if need be but as a last resort

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpeg
    IMG_0444.jpeg
    900.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0443.jpeg
    IMG_0443.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0442.jpeg
    IMG_0442.jpeg
    717.7 KB · Views: 3
This is why we stop using TFR it’s Virosol diluted 10-1 dies just as good a job and never had any issues with it even if it dries out on a hot day . But I would be very wary of using anything on composite doors for some reason they do streak easily ,
Think I’m going to stop using TFR to be honest it’s ruining my hands. I don’t need to use as much as I did with ubik but there’s always the risk of doing things like this

@Ethan EZ -Clean I'm not sure about the meter cupboard, but I've heard that Owatrol Polytrol is an excellent restorer of composite doors. Hope the situation works out regardless mate 👍
Been told that also I’m going to give it a go. All else fails take the loss and give them my insurance details that’s why I pay for it at the end of the day. Lesson learnt glad I learnt 6 months in rather than later on

So I done a FSG with tfr.

Pre soaked with water as it was hot and this has happened. Disappointed in myself for letting it happen but it is what it is any ideas on how to try sort it been told colour restorer and few other things.

Happy to go through insurance if need be but as a last resort
Most chemicals and their directions of use mention heat and adverse effects on substrates
Common sense should of said the weather was too hot

Now you've hit your insurance it will have a claim marker which in turn will most likely increase your renewal and excess

100% they had the door and the meter box sprayed by a local firm, a colour restorer may work for a period of time, but that will fade and show up the marks if they cover them up at all, you can go for the cheap option of a restorer to give it a try or fess up to the customer and ask who they used to spray the door and meter box,

Then phone the firm and explain what has happened they might be able to sort it ASAP and for not too much money, it will most likely be a local small business that has sprayed them for the customer.

Insurance hasn’t been hit yet that’s a last resort thing.

Been sound using it in all weathers til now, made it a lot more water than tfr than I usually do also. live and we learn I’m not gonna beat myself up over it but take it as a lesson
Spray the door with Rhino Shine, wipe it in an it will definitely sort it. 1ltr Rhino Shine is about £12.00

100% they had the door and the meter box sprayed by a local firm, a colour restorer may work for a period of time, but that will fade and show up the marks if they cover them up at all, you can go for the cheap option of a restorer to give it a try or fess up to the customer and ask who they used to spray the door and meter box,

Then phone the firm and explain what has happened they might be able to sort it ASAP and for not too much money, it will most likely be a local small business that has sprayed them for the customer.
Yeah customer knows explained what may have happened said I’ll try do what I can to rectify it. I’ll give polytrol or the rhino shine a go but think it’s ****** tbh

Just buy em a new un and forget about it. I chatted to a door fitter recently he was about to fit a new door but it turned out to have been made 6 inches too wide.Had travelled a long way but these things happen i seem to remember it was a £600 door,looked fancier than yours

Just buy em a new un and forget about it. I chatted to a door fitter recently he was about to fit a new door but it turned out to have been made 6 inches too wide.Had travelled a long way but these things happen i seem to remember it was a £600 door,looked fancier than yours
Composite doors are not £600 they are 1500-2000 plus for a decent one the normal plastic doors at the cheap end of the scale might be £600 but that one in the picture ime sure will be a lot more than that .

this the door im talking about ,on the right . Fellow fitting it said 600 notes ,it is narrow nontheless thats what he told me,composite door

Attachments

• IMG_8977.JPG
    IMG_8977.JPG
    900.9 KB · Views: 0
Back