Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First cleans.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I know why the sell them bud but it's paying out/upgrading all the time when a decent ro/di etc is not all that expensive.

Buy once and all that as they say will save you money in the long run.

Yeah I know mate, but for me it was either buy cheap now and get working, or don't work and keep doing the pressure washing and trying to save up for it.

As a consequence I now have about £250-£300 worth of work next week, all WFP /emoticons/smile.png

Nice one...So you will be upgrading sooner than you think then if all goes well. /emoticons/wink.png

Yeah for sure, I will add the DI vessel next week, then add a pump maybe the week after and then see where I am at and go from there.

The work is coming in well now though, I have built my window cleaning customers almost 100% from facebook, done 3 quotes today, 2 yesterday, its coming along really well, plan on canvassing a street I have my eye on tomorrow, my first time doing it, but its about 20 houses that are massive, easily £25-£30 to do each one, if I just get 4 of them its another days work /emoticons/smile.png

Keep us informed how you get on as sounds like your going to be busy...well done :thumbsup:

Hope so smurf, I love doing the exterior cleaning, pressure washing etc, but found while the money is good the work is really sparodic, I can go 3-4 weeks without anything, then have 5 big jobs on all at once.

Got to quote a drive tomorrow actually.

At least like you say building up a regular window cleaning round will help you when times get lean doing the other stuff. /emoticons/wink.png

Hope so smurf, I love doing the exterior cleaning, pressure washing etc, but found while the money is good the work is really sparodic, I can go 3-4 weeks without anything, then have 5 big jobs on all at once.
Got to quote a drive tomorrow actually.

At least like you say building up a regular window cleaning round will help you when times get lean doing the other stuff. /emoticons/wink.png
That's the idea mate /emoticons/smile.png I started off as an exterior cleaner, then slowly turned into an exterior cleaner that does a bit of window cleaning, now slowly morphing into a window cleaner that also does exterior cleaning lol

You'll notice the work pick up a lot quicker if you're knocking on doors also
Yeah I am sure I will, though I must admit I hate the idea of doing it, really reluctant to do it to be honest.

Di would it be possible to see how you have the back of your pick up set up when you get five mins spare please? I did read that right somewhere you have a pick up didn't I?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right now she only has the gutter vac in there from a couple of jobs yesterday.

Have two set ups, one with gutter vac, pressure washer, long reach pressure washing lance, turbo nozzle lance, lots of pipe, generator etc.

The other set up is just a load of 25l barrels and a WFP with a trad bucket with bits in it.

When I have pressure washer in I'll take a picture for you, might not be for a week though. But I have the pressure washer back left with gene in front of it, vac back right, poles etc just shoved in where I can, the rest in front of vac.

Long reach pressure washing pole has to go through the back window if I am using it, but that isn't all the time.

WFP set up is just a bunch of 25l barrels chucked in lol.

Eventually though I plan on utilizing one or two trailers, or buying a van, not sure which yet, van is yet another vehicle to tax, insure etc so might go with trailers.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Not to worry but if you want an ro trolley rather than paying stupid money you probably knock one of those up yourself at less than half the cost using the same quality bits they use.

Latest Posts

Back