Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flat Surface Cleaner pressure?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JakdeDiamond

Hi all, 

I have recently purchased an FSC, whirlaway 20" to go with my Loncin 21 lpm machine from Rutland pumps. 

I have done a couple of jobs and haven't really been too impressed with it, the cleaning power is nowhere near my turbo nozzle, which I kinda expected, but is still lacklustre. 

I am wondering what pressure you guys are running your machines on. I believe mine goes to 200 bar and I have never used it on over half way really. 

I run my machine on half revs and I'm guessing half pressure. Is this correct? What sort of settings do you run yours on and I am assuming this will have an impact on the cleaning power. It only has the black twist thing for pressure so I don't actually have a way of checking my pressure used. 

Hope this sort of ramble is understandable and that someone has some info ?

Hi all, 

I have recently purchased an FSC, whirlaway 20" to go with my Loncin 21 lpm machine from Rutland pumps. 

I have done a couple of jobs and haven't really been too impressed with it, the cleaning power is nowhere near my turbo nozzle, which I kinda expected, but is still lacklustre. 

I am wondering what pressure you guys are running your machines on. I believe mine goes to 200 bar and I have never used it on over half way really. 

I run my machine on half revs and I'm guessing half pressure. Is this correct? What sort of settings do you run yours on and I am assuming this will have an impact on the cleaning power. It only has the black twist thing for pressure so I don't actually have a way of checking my pressure used. 

We use our machine with a FSC  at different speeds depending on the surface being cleaned and fine the results just as good and much quicker than using a turbo it’s 21 ltr 250 bar . 

We use our machine with a FSC  at different speeds depending on the surface being cleaned and fine the results just as good and much quicker than using a turbo it’s 21 ltr 250 bar . 
Thanks Pjj! Do you find yourself in the higher levels of pressure often with the FSC? I'm thinking I may be on too low but for some reason afraid to push it... 

Thanks Pjj! Do you find yourself in the higher levels of pressure often with the FSC? I'm thinking I may be on too low but for some reason afraid to push it... 
block , , stone ,concrete, paving slabs  etc we use 3/4 to full throttle, wooden and plastic decking and delicate things 1/4 to half throttle aprox . 

block , , stone ,concrete, paving slabs  etc we use 3/4 to full throttle, wooden and plastic decking and delicate things 1/4 to half throttle aprox . 
Brilliant thank you for replying. So block paving can take 200bar with the FSC? Interesting. I will be back to try again on the next job and hopefully am impressed with the FSC. 

Thank you again 

Hi all, 

Your flat surface cleaner and it's jets are matched to your machines performance and output 

Running at half revs isn't how it works with a FSC

It's okay using a gun at half revs on sandstone or soft stone but not a fsc 

Your flat surface cleaner and it's jets are matched to your machines performance and output 

You are right about the jets being matched to the machine and FSC but if  use it at full throttle on delicate surfaces it will destroy them by reducing the revs this will reduce the pressure and prevent any damage Tarmac and wooden decking are classics for this .

When you describe Revs are you talking about, revs on the machine or the pressure (black twist thing)?

Yeah when I had turbo nozzle on high pressure I have noticed some slight damage on very sensitive areas. Promptly lowered the pressure ?

You are right about the jets being matched to the machine and FSC but if  use it at full throttle on delicate surfaces it will destroy them by reducing the revs this will reduce the pressure and prevent any damage Tarmac and wooden decking are classics for this .
Again sorry to ask Pjj but you mean full revs on the pressure washer engine or full revs on the pressure adjuster? 

When you describe Revs are you talking about, revs on the machine or the pressure (black twist thing)?

Yeah when I had turbo nozzle on high pressure I have noticed some slight damage on very sensitive areas. Promptly lowered the pressure ?

Again sorry to ask Pjj but you mean full revs on the pressure washer engine or full revs on the pressure adjuster? 
Full revs on the pressure washer engine 

I run my fsc on full revs on block paving concrete that's in good condition anything that's delicate i go half revs or just use the wide fan jet on the lance on wood i pefer the fan jet on lance 

Back