Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FLOW ISSUES with a Xtreme sill brush with 4x 50 degree fan jet

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paulerith

I bought this brush a few days ago but even on full flow the fanjet don't fan out like they would with just two jet I know the pump needs to pump more water but I'm just wondering if my 6 year old pump needs replacing or if 4 fan jets are to much for the average surflo pump.

the picture below is with my pump set at 70 even at 90 there isn't much difference

image832.png

I bought this brush a few days ago but even on full flow the fanjet don't fan out like they would with just two jet I know the pump needs to pump more water but I'm just wondering if my 6 year old pump needs replacing or if 4 fan jets are to much for the average surflo pump.

the picture below is with my pump set at 70 even at 90 there isn't much difference

View attachment 25713
Too many jets not enough flow and wide brush that's my tuppence worth 

@Pjjor @Part Timerare the best wfp masters here 

View attachment 25713
Might be worth trying 100's. I use them all the time having started out with 50s. I think they might be a finer bore than the 50s so possibly might work better in fours? I prefer them. I like the way they fill the full width of the brush and the lively fizzing sound they make. Impresses the customers as well when they can not only see but also hear work being done. I do only ever use two and I only use standard width brushes, so no personal experience of four up.

Good luck. I'd be interested to see what you decide and how you get on.

I use one of these with 100 degree jets for a commerical job. At 90 on the pump i get a proper spread on the outer jets, but the inner jets are closer to about 35 degrees spread. I think its just down to the amount of water flow through the pole hose not being enough for all 4 jets, as the pressure will be dropping as you split 1 hose into 4 at the end. Looking at a rough area/pressure calculation, 90psi at the pole hose if evenly spread ends up about 23psi by the time it reaches the end of the 4 jet hoses, hence the pattern drop.

We do t generally use brushes with 4 jets and when we do we don’t use fan jets , I seam to recall @Alex Gardiner saying that with some brushes you need to cut some bristles off to get the fan jets to spray properly 
You do need to trim slightly for some brushes to properly suit fans. I've never needed to for the ones I use. The trim would required should be minimal and easy to identify. Watch which bristles the water is hitting and trim to suit. A vee shape trim opening out from each jet will do it. Taking care to only trim what's needed.

I think its a pressure issue I just wasn't sure if my pump was on its way out I will check the lpm Sunday to see if its still pumping 5lpm 

As robt100 says, could be the ID of your hose isn’t enough to allow the necessary volume of water through to supply four fans adequately. I found this to be the case when I tried it 

Back