Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner fan Jets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

kevo10

Can anyone help me out please I’ve recently purchased Gardiner 50 and 100 degree fan jets x 4 for a 35 cm xtreme brush I have a 100 psi pump,no matter what flow setting I have it on I can’t get the jets to fan they just shoot out like a fast pencil jet.

Hi Kevin

It may be that you have reached the flow limit of your setup - as you know 4 jets will demand twice the flow rate to fan properly.
To test first of all that the fanjets are working correctly you will need to block off the flow to two of them - perhaps by kinking the jet hose. If these two then fan correctly, then block off the other two and check that these also fan correctly. This will establish if the jets are OK.

Once you have established that the jets work correctly you then know that it will be down to the flow rate of your system. You could then try blocking off just one jet and seeing if your system can support three fanjets (not much practical use, but good to see where the flow rates of your system are.

What can affect the flow rate of your system?

1. Pump setting - I presume that you have tried turning the pump up to maximum flow rate (usually 99)
2. Pump type - whilst it is a 100psi pump, this is only the pressure it will pump up to and is not a flow rate setting - do you know what the pump maximum unrestricted flow rate is? It needs to be at least 5lpm
3. Having a DI vessel before or after the pump in the van - this can affect the speed at which a pump can pull or push the water. If you have a DI vessel after the pump then it would be worth trying to install it before the pump to balance the pump loading and increase the output flow rate.
4. Pump strainer – it would be worth checking he pre-pump strainer to see if it has become at all blocked and clogged.

5. Hose on the hose reel – with some setups it can be the length of small bore hose itself that restrict the top flow rate. If you are using 100m of 6mm microbore hose with any of the above setups (slower pump, DI vessel after pump) then this can be the final restriction – upgrading o 8mm ID (Minibore) hose will dramatically increase the water flow rate.

All fo these things can affect your top flow rate – of course to increase the flow rate and feed 4 jets you will also need to have a larger water supply than perhaps you have previously been used to – whilst you will not need double the water in the day you may need a good 50% more water on board.

For a 35cm brush I would say that just a pair of 100° fanjet would usually provide a wide enough rinse on the brush in any case – this can be borne in mind if you cannot get the flow rate of the system faster.

Of course if you test just the pairs of fanjets and they do not fan even when just feeding a pair then please contact us again and arrange to send them back for us to test.

Latest Posts

Back