Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Streamline Fan Jets not “fanning”?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

pxlkid

Decided to try some fan jets for my Ova8 dual trim medium brush. Problem is they work more like Pencil jets, they don’t spray out just in a line. So much so I checked all four of them weren’t clogged (they weren’t) and I checked the packaging to make sure I hadn’t ordered Pencil jets by mistake! Sure enough they are supposed to be fan jets!

Anyone had similar experience? Is that just how they are?

I had a similar experience with the Gardiner fan jets. Three or so years back I purchased a 35cm Xtreme brush with four jets. The problem I had was my pump. I use a trolley with a backpack style pump rated at 5lpm/100psi. Though it provided more than enough volume and pressure for two fans it couldn't support four fans. So I just removed the inner two jets on the brush. I get more than enough water for a good clean and rinse with just the two jets even in the 35cm brush. It might not be everyone's experience but works well for me

I did wonder if it was down to the pressure, I turned my pump down a bit today as I’ve been using a lot of water. Will have a little play with that! Many thanks for the heads up ?

Unless you need a big brush with 4 jets then I'd ditch the big brush, I tried a few years ago using a bigger Xtreme brush with 4 pencil jets I had to whack the flow right up, my daily brush is an Xtreme sill brush with x2 100 degree fan jets with a flow rate of 50-55

Latest Posts

Back