Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ova8 17ft

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimmybob2614

Hi all, I'm currently upgrading EVERYTHING, I have a new van coming Friday, and I then have ZeroDS coming to do a 500L tank install on Monday. I currently use a 30ft phantom pole (hybrid) which I leave most sections off and then add them back on when I need 3 story work. I've got myself a 17foot ova8 so i can just leave the 30ft all together and have a separate pole for 3 story work. I went with the ova8 as I've been having a lot of hand pain the last few weeks and it solved this issue for a friend of mine. Its nice and light, rigid and I'm very impressed so far. I do however have 2 questions

1. The pole hose is awful, it's that bad it must of been done on purpose so I'll be replacing that, what pole hose do people recommend?

2. The pencil jets are a lot smaller than the ones on my phantom and I'm not 100% sure that I like them, what's the best option here, go with 4 of their pencil jets to reduce the pressure from each one, fan jets?

Gardiner’s green Pu pole hose is very good . It is technically for hot water but don’t see why it cannot be used for cold we have it on all our sprayers that are cold and on the hose reels that are hot and don’t have any issues with it at all .

Gardiner’s green Pu pole hose is very good . It is technically for hot water but don’t see why it cannot be used for cold we have it on all our sprayers that are cold and on the hose reels that are hot and don’t have any issues with it at all .
I use rhino tube. I bought a 22ft ova 8 last week. And felt exactly the same about the hose so I ripped it out and put some one year old rhino tube on doesn't kink and I've owned pretty much every hose

As for the ova8 it's just what I've been wanting to replace the gardiner slx.

The brushes are good but the jets are **** no proper balance to the position in any of the holes for me I will be sticking to gardiner brushes.

I've also just upgraded my 27 ft slx to the ova8 version hopefully in time I won't regret this but right now pretty much best pole I've owned.

Latest Posts

Back