Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flow rate advise

WCF

Help Support WCF:

40-45 on my liquid logic controller and its gushing out at that setting,plenty for window cleaning...i use hot water though so that will have an effect  on increased water flow......

I've mine set at 75, I do love a high flow so I'm rinsing while I'm cleaning.  With the high flo my rinse take a seconds.  I have a 650 tank for the last couple of weeks and use about 550 on a full day. I was using a 350 tank before that and always had to fill during the day   

I've mine set at 75, I do love a high flow so I'm rinsing while I'm cleaning.  With the high flo my rinse take a seconds.  I have a 650 tank for the last couple of weeks and use about 550 on a full day. I was using a 350 tank before that and always had to fill during the day   
 Thats a nice daily wack if your earning near a quid per litre 

There's no way I earn a pound a litre no were near it lol 

I've seen people saying they earn a pound a litre but i deffo don't. 
yeh I know what you mean mate. I can do on certain properties, but its like you say, use quick flow, job done quicker ?

High flow doesn’t always leave windows clean ,

While you’re rinsing water splashes harder   And you have chance of dirt splashing back up the window 

I would agree. How it’s applied to the glass also determines in large part whether you get a good rinse or not. It’s all about practicing and finding what combinations of tools work for you.

However, in the 12yrs I’ve been using wfp I personally have never succeeded in getting a good rinse at a speed I like to work at using low flow from any combination of jets.

My favourite combo is 2-2.5lpm of flow with an Xtreme brush fitted with a swivel and 2x 100 degree fans. I rinse on or very close to the glass depending on the job at hand. 

I would agree. How it’s applied to the glass also determines in large part whether you get a good rinse or not. It’s all about practicing and finding what combinations of tools work for you.

However, in the 12yrs I’ve been using wfp I personally have never succeeded in getting a good rinse at a speed I like to work at using low flow from any combination of jets.

My favourite combo is 2-2.5lpm of flow with an Xtreme brush fitted with a swivel and 2x 100 degree fans. I rinse on or very close to the glass depending on the job at hand. 
yeh I need to try out the fan jets. I did some leaded diamond pattern windows today, with the dodgy glass (non sheeting) and couldnt believe the poor result. admittedly, the sun was baking it, but even so. went round after with scrim. 

yeh I need to try out the fan jets. I did some leaded diamond pattern windows today, with the dodgy glass (non sheeting) and couldnt believe the poor result. admittedly, the sun was baking it, but even so. went round after with scrim. 

When I first tried them I couldn’t get on with them and in no time went back to 2mm pencils. The main problem was with controlling where the spray went when I had to rinse off the glass when I couldn’t stand directly under an upstairs window, and I have plenty of them. 

However, when I tried and mastered a swivel on the brush that seemed to be the answer. I popped the fans back on and in a very short while was hooked. I now get through more work in a day with this configuration than any other I’ve tried.

We do do that amount but it’s certainly  not every day , wish it was , I would do three days a month ??? on some of our commercial jobs it’s easily achievable though .
Nice, long may there be windows! 

When I first tried them I couldn’t get on with them and in no time went back to 2mm pencils. The main problem was with controlling where the spray went when I had to rinse off the glass when I couldn’t stand directly under an upstairs window, and I have plenty of them. 

However, when I tried and mastered a swivel on the brush that seemed to be the answer. I popped the fans back on and in a very short while was hooked. I now get through more work in a day with this configuration than any other I’ve tried.
I have some jobs where I def need that swivel, will give em a go.

There's no way I earn a pound a litre no were near it lol 

I've seen people saying they earn a pound a litre but i deffo don't. 
This amazes me, the general consensus is that 2lpm is the best flow rate to clean windows so this means people are earning £120 an hour, really!!!!! Get real lads.

I can earn £500 a day on very good commercial work, down south, but a 650l tank won't last me the day. 

This amazes me, the general consensus is that 2lpm is the best flow rate to clean windows so this means people are earning £120 an hour, really!!!!! Get real lads.

I can earn £500 a day on very good commercial work, down south, but a 650l tank won't last me the day. 

The 2lpm figure is only while water is flowing which it isn’t between windows and houses.

I would guess that the majority of us residential window cleaners are actually ‘on the glass’ a lot less than half the time we’re out during the day. 

So 25% and using  240 llitres and earning £240. I thought on compact residential work you weren't moving the van more than twice a day so spend most of the time washing windows. Not trying to argue but sometimes the figures banded about on here are getting as bad as the Facebook sites. 

Yes we, the established cleaners, have some very good earning jobs but to claim that you can earn £1 a litre on anything more than the cream jobs is disingenuous. 

So 25% and using  240 llitres and earning £240. I thought on compact residential work you weren't moving the van more than twice a day so spend most of the time washing windows. Not trying to argue but sometimes the figures banded about on here are getting as bad as the Facebook sites. 

Yes we, the established cleaners, have some very good earning jobs but to claim that you can earn £1 a litre on anything more than the cream jobs is disingenuous. 
A lot of bull**** on here , my motto is believe it when your eyes see it 

Back