Foot the ladder v laddermate

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by mrtaytay, Oct 16, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I am going to be purchasing a ladder stabiliser/anti slip device in a couple of days time. I wanted something that I could quickly put in/take out of the boot. I also wanted a device that could be quickly attached to the ladder....no faffing around. I have narrowed it down to two choices:

1) Foot the ladder
    http://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/...y-frame.html?gclid=CKOMpJG_r8ECFSEOwwod6rAANw

2) Laddermate
    http://www.ladderstore.com/ladder-a...lisers-feet/laddermate-ladder-stabiliser.html

I think I am favouring the foot the ladder safety device as it would fit in the car easier. I just wondered what other people think. I know a lot of people rate the foot the ladder but I havent heard any mention of the laddermate

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

With winter coming, I'll be interested to see what people prefer myselfasall my stuff is rubber, whereas like Boar is rightfully saying- it aint much good in the wet.

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i believe that with a little thought you could modify either of those so it was permanently fixed to the ladder - folded flat against the underside of ladder

but able to fold down into place ,at short notice .

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

yesterday i was parked up in my van in a car park, suddenly tap on my window ."your 4 minutes past your ticket dyou know?"

yes,the local ticket warden,hated by all.a greaseball - he then spent 20 minutes tellin me his life story , hed had a spell as a windie and had fallen 15ft ten yrs ago when a double ladder collapsed on him. i find it hard to believe that this was true, as all the ladders iv seen have 2 or more back ups to collapsing

5. TolishAPurd

He was probably using a shitty DIY rated ladder from Homebase, and if hes a fatso then that is definitely not suitable for regular hard use. Hes not the first and wont be the last.

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i know he was eager to ticket me, i spose itd be a coup for him , him being a failed windie . he had hurried over to my van ready to ticket me , then was surprised somebody was sittin in it . he is a fatso yes

7. TolishAPurd

Sounds like a right jobsworth.

8. Murphy

Murphy Active Member

I've been using a ladder m8 for about 5 years now when the snow and ice is around and have to say it is brilliant , never had it slip it is also great on decking !
    I would highly recommend 1 of these, I think I payed £50 and it's worth every penny

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

ive got the foot the ladder its a very nce pice of kit an its adjustable witch is nce i couldent trad with out on on sertin jobs ie wet slimy wood decking or slipry flag stones ect ive never used the ladder mate so cant comment on that device

10. norm

norm Grand Master

is that the one with spikes Murphy?

Advertisement