Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FSC or Turbo please?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Truckcab79

Joined up recently to get info on new kit but on reading old threads on here and other forums I’m surprised at how many people say that they prefer just using a turbo nozzle to a surface cleaner.   Since buying a vaguely decent 16” FSC I wouldn’t  dream of using a turbo  for a whole driveway or patio. If only for the reduction in mess over both me and the surrounding area. It also seems quicker and more even. No striping or missed bits etc. 

What’s the logic? 

We use fsc on the main parts of a drive or paths then turbo or vario nozzle for  the edges, one it’s much faster especially with a bigger machine, two  it makes far less mess . 

We use fsc on the main parts of a drive or paths then turbo or vario nozzle for  the edges, one it’s much faster especially with a bigger machine, two  it makes far less mess . 
Exactly my thoughts but I’m an absolute novice. Was surprised how many seemed to dislike the FSC. Your method seems like a no-brainer to me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly my thoughts but I’m an absolute novice. Was surprised how many seemed to dislike the FSC. Your method seems like a no-brainer to me. 
Fsc dont  work well on less than 15 ltr machines from my experience we have a 21 ltr and the fsc is awesome, fast , does a good job removes weeds between bricks , and no striping provided you  have an overlap on each pass of a few inches .  21 ltr also rinses much faster than extra flow makes all the difference using   a vario nozzle  , I would give Ben a ring at Rutland and have a chat to him he  is very helpful and won’t try and sell you stuff you don’t need and his prices are reasonable, explain your situation he may well be able to offer you a deal . 

Fsc dont  work well on less than 15 ltr machines from my experience we have a 21 ltr and the fsc is awesome, fast , does a good job removes weeds between bricks , and no striping provided you  have an overlap on each pass of a few inches .  21 ltr also rinses much faster than extra flow makes all the difference using   a vario nozzle  , I would give Ben a ring at Rutland and have a chat to him he  is very helpful and won’t try and sell you stuff you don’t need and his prices are reasonable, explain your situation he may well be able to offer you a deal . 
That’s where I get carried away.?  That Jetmac 15ltr with the FSC comes out at £1.1k. Unless Ben wants to give me a free FSC I’m looking at heading into £1.5k+ territory on any deal and a machine that I’m sure will be great but in excess of what I actually need bearing in mind the piece of cr@p that has served me perfectly well to date. 

That’s where I get carried away.?  That Jetmac 15ltr with the FSC comes out at £1.1k. Unless Ben wants to give me a free FSC I’m looking at heading into £1.5k+ territory on any deal and a machine that I’m sure will be great but in excess of what I actually need bearing in mind the piece of cr@p that has served me perfectly well to date. 
Unless you call him and tell him your budget you will never know what he could do??? I'm not saying that he can match Jetmac but you never know. Maybe you could cut down costs by using some of your existing stuff like lances, turbo, hoses etc?

Don't know if this is still for sale or if it's something you want
Sorry. Sure I replied to this but hasn’t appeared. (Though oddly there is a box saying I don’t have permission to view????). I had seen this and it’s probably a good deal but I’d prefer to buy new and have some sort of warranty. Also I’m completely anal about my tools. Even my rubbishy Rocwood gets cleaned, greased and polished after each use. My OCD couldn’t cope with something that wasn’t pristine. ?

Joined up recently to get info on new kit but on reading old threads on here and other forums I’m surprised at how many people say that they prefer just using a turbo nozzle to a surface cleaner.   Since buying a vaguely decent 16” FSC I wouldn’t  dream of using a turbo  for a whole driveway or patio. If only for the reduction in mess over both me and the surrounding area. It also seems quicker and more even. No striping or missed bits etc. 

What’s the logic? 
Focused cleaning In corners, walls uneven paving are all I use a turbo nozzle on 

Fsc dont work well on less than 15 ltr machines from my experience we have a 21 ltr and the fsc is awesome, fast , does a good job removes weeds between bricks , and no striping provided you have an overlap on each pass of a few inches . 21 ltr also rinses much faster than extra flow makes all the difference using a vario nozzle , I would give Ben a ring at Rutland and have a chat to him he is very helpful and won’t try and sell you stuff you don’t need and his prices are reasonable, explain your situation he may well be able to offer you a deal .
What bar pressure is yours 200bar ?

I have two £2k nozzles and I prefer to use my twin turbo lance which cost less than £200. I only need the £2k nozzle for one job in particular and that's roof cleaning. With 4 jets in the nozzle means it doesn't rip into the tiles and a roof is clean in jig time. I have a few twin turbo lances incase one fails. One can clean an average driveway in a few hours. ?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That must be there vanguard range they look really nice bits of kit ?
Yes it is it’s an awesome piece of kit much better on fuel than the Honda one I have and a lot quieter ??it is a pull start as I didn’t want something else to have to charge a battery on and it’s a real heavy pull start no de compressor, luckily it starts first or second pull but it’s hard work

Attachments

• 23BDD053-EBAC-4BD7-9053-1A2AB88F422D.jpeg
    23BDD053-EBAC-4BD7-9053-1A2AB88F422D.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 9
Yes it is it’s an awesome piece of kit much better on fuel than the Honda one I have and a lot quieter ??it is a pull start as I didn’t want something else to have to charge a battery on and it’s a real heavy pull start no de compressor, luckily it starts first or second pull but it’s hard work
I have the key start Vanguard 16 HP which you recommended. Pulled it out last week to do my first PW job and it started first time. Need to use my whacker and after getting it to the job it failed to start. Had to buy a new sparkplug and it started no bother. I now have a ready supply of sparkplugs. ?

Were did you get it from desent look like Rutland pumps is it from ac washers ?

Back