Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Garden fence softwash

WCF

Help Support WCF:

"it is estimated that there are an estimated 3300 accidents needing hospital treatment caused by sodium hypochlorite solutions each year in british homes (rospa 2002)" the last time data like this was collated.

whilst the video was imformative,what was the point in posting it and then saying i'll not divulge any sectrets into how it was done?-is it a kudos kind of thing? either way i don't really understand the logic as the way i read this is "i'm cleaning this,i'm not going to tell you how its done-why because i've spent loads of money and hundreds of hours learning how to clean surfaces like this-i'll just rub you guys noses in it - unless your my friend of course,thats the way i read it sorry if i cause any offence but thats the way i read it.

i think its really good that some members of the forum have the gonads to stand up and question the lack of ppe,after all its a forum and whilst some will see your way of doing things perfectly acceptable and ok thinking the wind 'll blow the drift away-i'm fine, others won't,personally i would side with the others it shows  that some members are learning and are trying to be professional about this and want to progress more into softwashing and hats off to them i say.

am i right or wrong?,i don't know,i've done the courses-learnt from them and carry that knowledge forward on a daily/weekly basis

however my ppe differs from yours but hey thats what makes us all different we all earn a crust or two however up until now i've not had any accidents or mishaps (apart from dropping some hypo on a tarmac drive-my fault)

Last edited by a moderator:
I choose to wear ppe on some jobs and others not but that is my choice and my risk

If teaching somebody else how to do it i would be making them put ppe on for every job

Then again some jobs like decking i would be using sodium percarbonate and not need ppe

It is a personal choice and an informed choice but i wouldn't be advocating to others not to wear ppe

If using hypo at more than the 1%ish that i use on fascias i would have my old british army nbc (nuclear biochemical warfare) suit and respirator on

Looks a bit like overkill but i know i am not harming myself

i think @kevinc250 post hit the nail on the head there im not having a go but y post and not shair it is like saying look at me and then giving the big fat finger sory if i sound a bit brutal but thats also how i read it as well i joined the forums to help others and gain  info if no one shaired info the forum would be dead i just think the hole im not guna tell ya cos i dont want to harm any one is a load of B.S or cop out to put is polite thats my view any way , ive allways shaired info to help others with cems equement ect thats what forums are about just to say again this is no dig at any one but just my 10p worth  :1f44d:

i think @kevinc250 post hit the nail on the head there im not having a go but y post and not shair it is like saying look at me and then giving the big fat finger sory if i sound a bit brutal but thats also how i read it as well i joined the forums to help others and gain  info if no one shaired info the forum would be dead i just think the hole im not guna tell ya cos i dont want to harm any one is a load of B.S or cop out to put is polite thats my view any way , ive allways shaired info to help others with cems equement ect thats what forums are about just to say again this is no dig at any one but just my 10p worth  :1f44d:
thanks lee,aahh we go back a while don't we!,i first saw the wood treatment/cleaning around 16 months ago on the first softwashing course and was taught/shown it by an american,it did blow my mind and all sorts of things came into my mind-theres literally thousands of miles of fencing in the uk for instance,bishy was there too but was maybe too hungover from drinking with mark m the night before-i'm too old to keep up with mark-maybe too wise aswell.

thing is i know the exact chems to clean and restore/the surfactant to go with the two,only the % ratios by weight no-one but no-one will give away,trust me i have even asked my tutor and he wouldn't divulge info on this,your dealing with sodium hydroxide and its not a substance to mess with unless you really know what you are doing,plus oxalic acid to restore the wood back to its original ph,its much easier to buy it off the shelf as it has its own sds sheets/use it as instructed and you get the results as shown in the video,(p.s. guys download the sds sheets gloves and goggles required!)it is the only place in the uk to obtain this stuff-no hundreds of hours researching and no secrets-and no i'm not your mate but i'll give it away-its not a big secret

just please be responsable lads and don't try and cut corners as this will catch you out

google softwash stystems lads
WOODwash_1Gal-600x600.png

https://softwash-systems.com/shop/softwash-chemicals/wood-restore/

link on the bottom of the page works

Careful @tench0771 Green will be on to spell check your work soon lol... ? also couldn't agree more with your post. This forum is fantastic as 99% of members are on here to share experience's both good and bad and for some banter and when they can they will help others along the way. I for one am a big boy who's been round long enough not to be impressed by grown men who throw there toys out the pram if anyone questions the way they do stuff... 

@kevinc250 we do go back a wile i must say nice to see u post on this forum we should have a chat some time its been a long time   :1f44d:

Careful @tench0771 Green will be on to spell check your work soon lol... ? also couldn't agree more with your post. This forum is fantastic as 99% of members are on here to share experience's both good and bad and for some banter and when they can they will help others along the way. I for one am a big boy who's been round long enough not to be impressed by grown men who throw there toys out the pram if anyone questions the way they do stuff... 
haha green dont scare me m8  :1f602:  my spelling is legenderry if any one dont like it fuk them  :1f609:

Watch the language Lee

This is starting to become a messy thread now

Personal opinions aside please play nicely guys

The day you all start wearing PPE to use a bittle of Domestos to clean your kitchen counter is the day that I will wear PPE when using this particular mix. 

Yep I am a big advovate of PPE. 

Yep I am also no longer sharing info cause whilst I know hiw to make this mix at less than the active content of a bottle of spray Domestos which is just 1%. 

HOWEVER - if I were to share my mix there would be some idiot that would ignore the hypo proportion in the age old misnoma that more is better and do them selves harm. 

No I dont need a refund, my training has paid for itself many tines over and continues to do so. 

But hey... thanks for hating...  and just a side note but the only thing 'amateur' here is your use of the English language.  Amateurs do things for passion or love not for fininacial gain or reward.  

I'm always well rewarded for my work. 
Well said Mr Green 

I really don't want to ruffle any feathers but I always rely on Mr greens posts amongst others to guide me through most of my softwashing questions. You may not always agree with the reply but you have to understand and remember that by asking a question that you are not only going to get answers you agree with but also answers which make you rethink a job and think "thank christ I asked before I either ended up blind, in court or spending half a day out with the undertaker!!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back