Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardener Capsule Jets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mattlekim

Hi,

I recent got a new brush and had no choice but to move over to the new design. I wasn't happy as we have lots of spairs for the old design.

Now I use 50 degree fans and run at a presure of between 54 to 62 depending on how bad the windows are.

As soon as I got the new jets the presure I was getting was blasing the window at such a rate I thought a fan was blocked.

I realized that due to the new design been pushfit that there is no narrowing before the fans and therefore more water can get through easyer.

I have gradually been turning down my pressure and now am down to 46 and still got more pressure that I had before.

So the way I see it less work for pump and battery so they should last longer. Also the fans been flush with the brush is awsome! 

I was wondering if anyone here uses the 100 degree ones as if the same is true with them the person I work with will probably swap over too.

I've used both the 100 & 50 and found the 50's much better, the 100's tend to catch on the brush bristles (depending on brush model of course) and spray all over the place badly.. If you like the 50's stick with them

Hi,

I recent got a new brush and had no choice but to move over to the new design. I wasn't happy as we have lots of spairs for the old design.

Now I use 50 degree fans and run at a presure of between 54 to 62 depending on how bad the windows are.

As soon as I got the new jets the presure I was getting was blasing the window at such a rate I thought a fan was blocked.

I realized that due to the new design been pushfit that there is no narrowing before the fans and therefore more water can get through easyer.

I have gradually been turning down my pressure and now am down to 46 and still got more pressure that I had before.

So the way I see it less work for pump and battery so they should last longer. Also the fans been flush with the brush is awsome! 

I was wondering if anyone here uses the 100 degree ones as if the same is true with them the person I work with will probably swap over too.
You mean flow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like the capsule jets, much better quality than the old type in my opinion, and you can't accidentally snap the shaft.

I use the 1.4mm pencil jets and the other day had a blockage and it was easier to flush the jet out of the tiny blockage than it was when I used my 1mm jets 

I use the 100 degree capsule jets and absolutely love them. Find them better on the super light Dupont than on the universal sill brush. Also seem easier to unblock than the old type

I run my system also at 1.8lpm which seems to be the optimum. Interesting day yesterday on the wfp. One of my capsule jets wasn't working that well and I thought I had damaged it. Turns out the small 4mm clear hose had popped out a bit so I pushed them all in to check. Tested it and the 4 jets were back to normal so its worth your while checking this at start of shift. ?

Also cleaned an old conny which had a lot of green alga on it. Only had hypo in the van so I dipped the brush in it and applied it all over it. Went back 5mins later and began to scrub away at it. Couldn't believe the difference as it came up like new, might use hypo on all conny cleans bar the roof if it has self cleaning glass on it.

I've used both the 100 & 50 and found the 50's much better, the 100's tend to catch on the brush bristles (depending on brush model of course) and spray all over the place badly.. If you like the 50's stick with them
@Baldmonkey, if you don't mind me asking, what brush(es) do you use with each fan jet? I'm guessing bristle placement is a major influence on the spray

Back