Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leaking jets...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bwfc

Hi there, had blockage on fan jets so undid it but popped out so pushed jet back in but seems to keep leaking especially when flow rate high. I have tried everything pushing it in differently so do you just get new capsules or do you carry spare set? 

it's Gardiner brush

Hi there, had blockage on fan jets so undid it but popped out so pushed jet back in but seems to keep leaking especially when flow rate high. I have tried everything pushing it in differently so do you just get new capsules or do you carry spare set? 

it's Gardiner brush
We dint use fans but always carry a few spares just in case of breakages 

it's Gardiner brush
I wouldn't be without spares, of the jets and the black elbows. Sometimes the jets can come apart, especially if they've been snagged or knocked. I repair them by taking them apart, smearing a small bead of Gorilla Glue around the male piece, re-inserting it and securing it to be left undisturbed for several hours. We get far fewer breakages and leaks since we went close coupled. Gardiners can advise you on that.

it's Gardiner brush
I seem to remember @Alex Gardiner saying that once they pull apart it damages the plastic bits so they sell replacement bits : https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/john-guest-6mm-plastic-half-cartridges.html for about 65p for full kit separate bits are at bottom here: https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pole-hose-fittings/john-guest-push-fittings.html about 10p , I think if you contact them they will send by royal mail at reduced costs over a courier.

Not quite sure why Gardiners don't just supply all brushes with closed coupled and the non closed coupled as a separate option - OK so would add a little to cost but be a better default option.

Last edited by a moderator:
You sure you have pushed the pipe back in hard enough?
Yeah as hard as possible, I think cos John guest bit came out it probably broke & doesn't seem to seal anymore. No worries got new brush to start using or could put jets on current brush.

it's Gardiner brush
It’s a bit unclear. Are you meaning the jet is popping out of the brush stock or the hose popping out from the jet? I’m guessing you mean the jet? I’m guessing it’s the latest type? Needs quite a hard twist to locate. Easy if you have the Gardiner widget. 

it's Gardiner brush
When you removed the jet hose to clear the blockage only the jet hose should pull out - if you hold the black release collar down then the jet hose will pull out. If any part of the jet has pulled apart when you pulled the jet hose out (as it sounds) then the jet has broken whilst dis-assembling.

In that case new jets will need to be used as once the components have pulled apart it is difficult to make them work without leaking again - although you could glue them back together carefully.

If the jets are under 6 months old and are not damaged previously then please contact us as a warranty issue ?

it's Gardiner brush
when i have a block jet then it is usually a bit of dirt at end of jet. I don't strip it down, i just use a needle to clear it out, only takes a minute.

When you removed the jet hose to clear the blockage only the jet hose should pull out - if you hold the black release collar down then the jet hose will pull out. If any part of the jet has pulled apart when you pulled the jet hose out (as it sounds) then the jet has broken whilst dis-assembling.

In that case new jets will need to be used as once the components have pulled apart it is difficult to make them work without leaking again - although you could glue them back together carefully.

If the jets are under 6 months old and are not damaged previously then please contact us as a warranty issue ?
Yeah thanks it's 7 months old, tbh think it's been leaking for a while only noticeable when I did fascias gutters with custies tap then was spraying out, once back on pump more dripping. With JG u have to be very gentle

Same here but I'm buggered if I can ever find it in my box of bits ?
I use a safety pin, I have a metal bottle holder in the van and one of those pen torches which has one magnetic end safety clip is always attached to the torch and the torch to the bottle holder so I never fail to find it otherwise I'd be swapping jets 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back