Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Part of reel is leaking. Please could someone help me fix and identify a part

WCF

Help Support WCF:

gbearley

Hi all. I hope everyone's doing well in this cold weather. Its effing horrible.

I've tried to set up today and major leak coming from this part I'm pointing at in the picture. I'm not sure what it's called so any help is appreciated and I'll youtube the rest.

Thank you
20240120_134007.jpg

Have you used plenty of plumbers tape/PTFE if its just leaking from the thread then plenty of ptfe tape will sort it out
It did have any ptfe on it but I do have some. Guess I'll unravel it all and try again haha

I've done it already and it took the absolute mick.

Thank you very much! Have a good weekend

It did have any ptfe on it but I do have some. Guess I'll unravel it all and try again haha

I've done it already and it took the absolute mick.

Thank you very much! Have a good weekend
No PTFE then it's going to leak under pressure, lesson learned always PTFE threads

Hi all. I hope everyone's doing well in this cold weather. Its effing horrible.

I've tried to set up today and major leak coming from this part I'm pointing at in the picture. I'm not sure what it's called so any help is appreciated and I'll youtube the rest.

Thank you
View attachment 29641

There should be a fibre sealing washer between the elbow and the manifold. It's just very difficult to get to, to tighten up. I find a gentle tap with a hammer and screwdriver is enough though.

However, we did have one that cracked at the manifold that resulted in a leak. It needed a new manifold.

We occasionally get a leak on the hose barb. Each of the hose reels now has 2 o clips rather than the jubilee hose clamps we originally used.

There should be a fibre sealing washer between the elbow and the manifold. It's just very difficult to get to, to tighten up. I find a gentle tap with a hammer and screwdriver is enough though.

However, we did have one that cracked at the manifold that resulted in a leak. It needed a new manifold.

We occasionally get a leak on the hose barb. Each of the hose reels now has 2 o clips rather than the jubilee hose clamps we originally used.
I don't think jubilee clamps are what they used to be they have changed the bolt doesn't go all the way through anymore,

On my 5 month old power up reel the jubilee clamp became useless and wouldn't tighten any further and it caused a leak infrequently so I had to replace it with an o clip

I don't think jubilee clamps are what they used to be they have changed the bolt doesn't go all the way through anymore,

On my 5 month old power up reel the jubilee clamp became useless and wouldn't tighten any further and it caused a leak infrequently so I had to replace it with an o clip
The modern ethos of business;

If it doesn't work, either redesign it so it does or discard the concept.

If and when it works, great: how can we make it cheaper?

I was tapping it with a hammer and my wrench. It was absolutely god awful and took forever.

Going to apply ptfe tape tomorrow as I've not had time yet.

Thank you for the advice. I'll post a followup

Have you used plenty of plumbers tape/PTFE if its just leaking from the thread then plenty of ptfe tape will sort it out
Hi Iron Giant. I've dismantled everything today. Ptfe tape on every conceivable point.

No leaking. Thank you so much I can't thank you enough for the help. You're an absolute godsend

Excuse me for hijacking the thread, but @Skxawng why you are on here, can’t you think of an invention that repairs microbore hose without using the double eared clips.

I have the narrow rollers so they catch them when winding in and out.

It’s so annoying when you get that little squirt of water fireing out all over you ??

Excuse me for hijacking the thread, but @Skxawng why you are on here, can’t you think of an invention that repairs microbore hose without using the double eared clips.

It’s so annoying when you get that little squirt of water fireing out all over you ??
I could say so many things about the final sentence but I'll leave it to people's imagination. All I will say is those were the days ?

It's one if those things that I've been trying to come up with a good solution to for a while. Had a few attempts but was never 100% happy with them.
I'll stop slacking on here and get straight back on it tho! ?

New hose or bigger rollers

Back