Gardeners poles.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by shazzy692002, Dec 23, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. shazzy692002

Evening boys and girls. >:((>:((>:((

Wow cant remember the last time I started a thread? :heartbreak:

I use gardeners slx poles, after a while they start spinning due to wear on the pole just where the clamps are, so when I release the pole to its smallest I have to leave a gap between the clamps. Its fine when its erected :windowcleaner:.... is there anything you guys put on the pole to stop this happening. It is just wear and tear, I'm a bit gutted tho, as only use the pole 3 times a week, and this started happening 9 months later,

Also I have 20 days off due to a small operation. will my water in the static tank and van stay clean?,

Thanks for any help. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and new year. Don't get to drunk. and smile and bare it with the in laws :ban:

:clap::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Do you adjust the clamps by tightening them?

The fine when erected made me chuckle :giggle:

3. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

dip it in a bromide solution. My slx does this i just clamp it a couple of inches from next joint. There was a vid on youtube where the pole is re lacquered good as new. ihave a backpack that i use now and again and have a few barrals that i carry water in for it i have had water in them a couple of months and the water was fine i did check the tds.

4. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

my slx has started wearing like this, only used on around 20 custies a week and only 9 months old.

ive just put a wrap of insulation tape on the offending area, a bit ghetto but nevermind.

im just going to flog mine on ebay for stupid money in a few months and buy an extreme

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

You shouldn't normally have an issue with water going off.

We wish you the best with your small procedure and subsequent recuperation.

6. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

I use bomb proof fibreglass poles and this doesn't seem to happen? Is carbon really worth it?

7. shazzy692002

We all like a erection. haha...yeah clamps are as tight as can go, it really is just worn away. x

8. shazzy692002

Will look om utube, thanks. I do now clamp it a inch away from joint, but how long before that erode. There in 2 good nik to replace. Thanks for help. x

9. shazzy692002

Will watch this tomorrow. is it worth the 11minutes?. haha. I will never get the 11 minutes back........im only joking. x

10. shazzy692002

I do love my light slx poles. after using ionics for a tear or so. this is heaven. x

Advertisement