Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

GARDINER 2 WAY - CLOSE COUPLED JET HOSE ASSEMBLY

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The two I purchased I used. They work well and I highly recommend them. However, I was unable to get a third so I cut a JG in half and modified the gooseneck to accept it without the angled piece of tube instead. 
Could you show a photo close up please. See what you have done? sorry I’ve just zoomed in

I would imagine it would be a modification to the angle adapter. I know Alex was concerned about the issues the Univalve was causing to his new jet capsules concept.

If you need something you just have to go with what's available at the time.
Ok, maybe just a small adjustment. I’ll wait and see?

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s the same piece of tubing running all the way through the stop to the univalve. The stop slides over the tube

Cutting down a JG fitting and using it like this is a really good idea. I love the ease with which it can be removed or adjusted. All kudos to Skxawng especially for adding the angled tubing

You have let us know it works that way. I have the angled tube bit, but it does come unstuck. I’ve had two and they have both snapped so maybe, it’s easier with the one bit although exceed has brought one out like similar to yours, but it’s nice to support @Skxawng
I have a new brush with jet capsules and a short swivel, but I am worried they might keep popping out so I’m going to order the connection that fits lower. 

You have let us know it works that way. I have the angled tube bit, but it does come unstuck. I’ve had two and they have both snapped so maybe, it’s easier with the one bit although exceed has brought one out like similar to yours, but it’s nice to support @Skxawng
I have a new brush with jet capsules and a short swivel, but I am worried they might keep popping out so I’m going to order the connection that fits lower. 
The one on my everyday pole came unstuck but it didn’t break and it still worked, just sort of naturally stayed in place due to its shape. I glued it back on in the end with Gorilla Superglue. If it comes off again I’ll probably leave it unglued

I’ve just got my new connectors. How much gooseneck hose do you recommend using the short swivel. I love new toys, I’m using @Skxawng hose stopper too. 
I love trying out new equipment as well. I'll be trialling Gardiner's gooseneck valve with a swivel next week. I got on quite well with the original one with a swivel. One of the things I didn't like about it was the amount of maintenance it needed to keep it from sticking after a couple of months use. On one occasion it stuck when I had the pole extended and without thinking I pressed down on the pole too hold the brush in place while I tried to turn it on and snapped a pole section, so I went back to the univalve.

I want to see if the new version is any better. Just ordered a new pole so ordered the gooseneck valve as an add on.

I love trying out new equipment as well. I'll be trialling Gardiner's gooseneck valve with a swivel next week. I got on quite well with the original one with a swivel. One of the things I didn't like about it was the amount of maintenance it needed to keep it from sticking after a couple of months use. On one occasion it stuck when I had the pole extended and without thinking I pressed down on the pole too hold the brush in place while I tried to turn it on and snapped a pole section, so I went back to the univalve.

I want to see if the new version is any better. Just ordered a new pole so ordered the gooseneck valve as an add on.
Looking forward to listening on how you get on with the combo as I have picked up a lot info from your good self ?

Thanks fellas. I've picked up so much from others over the years it's nice to be able to give something back. In fact if it hadn't been for a good friend recommending me to the forums 13 years back then I may well not still be in the game due to a serious injury preventing me using ladders. 

There's a possibility I may be looking for advice on setting up a small van before long as one of my daughters has started doing a little bit of work with me (hence the new pole), and the car which has always served me well all these years may have to be traded as it doesn't carry enough water for two. Fortunately I work very close to home so going home for a top up isn't too bad at the moment. We shall have to see...

Thanks fellas. I've picked up so much from others over the years it's nice to be able to give something back. In fact if it hadn't been for a good friend recommending me to the forums 13 years back then I may well not still be in the game due to a serious injury preventing me using ladders. 

There's a possibility I may be looking for advice on setting up a small van before long as one of my daughters has started doing a little bit of work with me (hence the new pole), and the car which has always served me well all these years may have to be traded as it doesn't carry enough water for two. Fortunately I work very close to home so going home for a top up isn't too bad at the moment. We shall have to see...
I have a small van because I work approx 3 days a week is in my local town with very tight roads and cul-de-sacs. two man setup went for the vauxhall combo as smallest I could find for the payload 1000kg. The other days it wouldn’t matter on vehicle size as I do big houses with big drives. 

I have a small van because I work approx 3 days a week is in my local town with very tight roads and cul-de-sacs. two man setup went for the vauxhall combo as smallest I could find for the payload 1000kg. The other days it wouldn’t matter on vehicle size as I do big houses with big drives. 
What size tank did you fit?

Mine as 325l facelift compact love the little system ?the van also kitted out independently with  10x 25l barrels which uses a cheap controller and  backpack pump think is 80psi that’s connected to two hoses with filters on the end same as the purefreedom trolley which is connected to power up hd and 100m 6mm hose with another 20m green PU pole hose. 

The cheap pump 80psi easy sucks two inlets like the PF 50L trolley thru the hoses up to 4 storey building. 

Will PM you some photos. To help explain ?

Thanks for the pics. Those little backpack pumps are quite robust little units aren’t they. 

I’m in the process of bringing my old PF trolley back to life for my daughter to use. Having some fun with it. I’m using some solid tyres but have drilled them full of holes to lighten them. ?? They look quite cool.

IMG_1082.jpg

I had to take a break from making them as with the covid situation, I've been a little distracted and it was getting increasingly difficult to get hold of materials cheaply or at all. 4 of the last 6 orders on eBay either haven't turned up or were cancelled. I've been selling the remaining stock privately but just posted the last of them a few days ago to a forum member. 

I have though, finally got the materials to make more so I'm making a large batch today and hopefully should be on eBay tomorrow ? 

@spruce I've heard rumours as well that perhaps on the future Gardiner poles, these hose stops wont be needed. 
Someone on CIU was looking for the supplier of these @Skxawng. He says the supplier has gone AWOL on Ebay.?

Someone on CIU was looking for the supplier of these @Skxawng. He says the supplier has gone AWOL on Ebay.?
I ran into an issue on eBay. I received a message saying that a private seller account is only for selling my own personal items and couldn't be used for commercial products. I took the listing down with the intention of looking into a trade account but with everything that's gone on just never looked into it. 

I'm just selling them privately if people message me on here currently. 

Eventually I'd like to get a shop up and running on eBay. I've quite a few things I was working on, but I'm one worker short on my window round since the lockdown in march so I'm working a lot to get through the mountain of work facing me. 

Latest Posts

Back