Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner back pack wire disconeced HELP plz

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Like I said wires are too short and get nipped if changing controller check the wires are the same colour coding my replacement was different so still didn't work as I connected up same colour for same colour . Pity Alex has not got back to his supplier about shortness of wires I told him of this over a year ago .

The voltmeter does not show anything during charging as it only lights up when the on/off switch is turned on the backpack.

The light on the charger indicates if it is charging - if it is red it is charging - when it turns green then it has charged.

If you click on the technical info tab on the backpack product page it gives you this information.

Last edited by a moderator:
The voltmeter does not show anything during charging as it only lights up when the on/off switch is turned on the backpack.

The light on the charger indicates if it is charging - if it is red it is charging - when it turns green then it has charged.

If you click on the technical info tab on the backpack product page it gives you this information.

Oh tx alex...and a quick question if I can..if I select position one with the red button and it does not come on does it indicate that that button  needs replacing as well as the variable controller, .? It does come on if I select a position 2 so is it not working in position 1 because the variable controller needs replacing?

Oh tx alex...and a quick question if I can..if I select position one with the red button and it does not come on does it indicate that that button  needs replacing as well as the variable controller, .? It does come on if I select a position 2 so is it not working in position 1 because the variable controller needs replacing?
To get the voltmeter to work if switching to position 1 then you would also need to turn the flow controller dial to full on and then read the voltmeter.

If the voltmeter does not switch on it will be because of the flow controller - it is very rare for an on/off switch to fail.

Like I said wires are too short and get nipped if changing controller check the wires are the same colour coding my replacement was different so still didn't work as I connected up same colour for same colour . Pity Alex has not got back to his supplier about shortness of wires I told him of this over a year ago .

Have ordered a new controller as well but are you saying the newer controllers have  different coloured wires?? And not to splice the same coloured wires together?

May be Alex will jump in?

Well have fitted the new variable control and spliced it together and it still was not working change the fuse as well?

IMG_0178.JPG

First thing to check is that the blue connectors have actually made a good connection through the wire insulation on each wire.

When there is an issue - I have often found that these connectors fail to puncture through the outer sheath fully.

Back