Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Backpack Issues

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All you need to do is looks at the Gardiner website listed pump and play snap with Amazon 

You know your battery is 12v so therefore you need a 12v pump

Looking at the Gardiner pump you'll notice it's a small bore push on hose style 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ETXP-Diaphragm-Pressure-Automatic-Watering/dp/B091C2BNPB/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=12v+100psi+water+pump&qid=1620047431&sr=8-18
Just out of interest why wouldn't you just buy the one from Gardiner?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just out of interest why wouldn't you just buy the one from Gardiner?
I was mainly wondering if there's one I could buy that would provide a longer lifespan. The one I found provided a years warranty, but understand that was too much psi and as Alex mentioned warranty might not be covered.

Gardiners one only lasted 9 months of being used for about 2hrs a week. So if they all are the same quality I'll just buy a couple of the cheapest ones. 

No offense to Gardiner. The pole and brushes I have from there are all ace.

I was mainly wondering if there's one I could buy that would provide a longer lifespan. The one I found provided a years warranty, but understand that was too much psi and as Alex mentioned warranty might not be covered.

Gardiners one only lasted 9 months of being used for about 2hrs a week. So if they all are the same quality I'll just buy a couple of the cheapest ones. 

We have used Gardiners back packs for years not for window cleaning but for chemical application mainly hypo mixes and have never had pump issues they always last around 3 years then start getting wiring or switch issues pumps have been fine , I think you have just been unlucky .

I have two both 5 years old, one still going strong they other only a few weeks ago developed a pump problem excellent for the money, the new pump now purrs for £9 Lol

These are bomb proof, I can make one in a weekend 

20210503_200634.jpg

I have two both 5 years old, one still going strong they other only a few weeks ago developed a pump problem excellent for the money, the new pump now purrs for £9 Lol
As some know i started in November last year and only use a backpack for my water delivery, Touch wood it's been faultless so far, admittedly I'm not doing 10 houses a day at the moment. I don't know if fitting the remote control to turn the pump off has helped take some of the load of the pump?

Den is that the pump you posted that is from Ebay? I'll bookmark it just in case

Hi JEM. If you’re not using a tap/valve and only using a remote to switch your backpack on and off then the pressure switch won’t be operating so you will be much less likely to have any problems with it. They usually fail because of the excessive switching we put them through when we repeatedly physically turn the flow on and off with a tap of some sort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi JEM. If you’re not using a tap/valve and only using a remote to switch your backpack on and off then the pressure switch won’t be operating so you will be much less likely to have any problems with it. They usually fail because of the excessive switching we put them through when we repeatedly physically turn the flow on and off with a tap of some sort.

Latest Posts

Back