Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Brush Advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i fell in to the trap about the rhino hose the hype ect soon realised its not the same as the old rhino and quiet twisty 

i fell in to the trap about the rhino hose the hype ect soon realised its not the same as the old rhino and quiet twisty 
@ around £0.70 a foot it would cost me around £40 to fit to my pole as I use 15 metres of pole hose and after the tucker brush i had lost faith as david kemp chipped in on posts on the fb wc page and kept stum regarding weight. 

I assume you know the fb window cleaning page i am on about relating to a magazine 

Gotta agree, I bought the Tucker brush when it first hit the UK market and loved it but my shoulders never, the Gardiners Ultimate dupont is over 200g lighter than the tucker 
I have the tucker too, I liked the bristles but like you say just too heavy. I use it for first cleans.(still looks brand new though).

I think they hit the nail on the head with this new Gardiner one though, it scrubs like nothing I have felt before. With the exception of the extreme hybrid i have that I don't use because its too light and very "knocky" on the frames and sills.

I have the tucker too, I liked the bristles but like you say just too heavy. I use it for first cleans.(still looks brand new though).

I think they hit the nail on the head with this new Gardiner one though, it scrubs like nothing I have felt before. With the exception of the extreme hybrid i have that I don't use because its too light and very "knocky" on the frames and sills.

My tucker has sat collecting dust in the garage after 2 months use. 

@ around £0.70 a foot it would cost me around £40 to fit to my pole as I use 15 metres of pole hose and after the tucker brush i had lost faith as david kemp chipped in on posts on the fb wc page and kept stum regarding weight. 

I assume you know the fb window cleaning page i am on about relating to a magazine 
Yes i don't real robin them tho to be honest

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Morning @tench0771. I know you deal with Varitech quite a bit.

Had a technical question that needed a quick answer. As Gardiners’s never answer their phones, i gave Varitech a bell and had a long chat with mike.

Do you have any dealings with him? What a lovely fella, got a call back to me with a solution and I put an order in straight away.

Are those ultimate dupoint brushes available as a sill brush?

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning @tench0771. I know you deal with Varitech quite a bit.

Had a technical question that needed a quick answer. As Gardiners’s never answer their phones, i gave Varitech a bell and had a long chat with mike.

Do you have any dealings with him? What a lovely fella, got a call back to me with a solution and I put an order in straight away.

Are those ultimate dupoint brushes available as a sill brush?
i normaly speak to dean orthe other chap cant re,mber his name but there all ok in there they will try to pull your pants down on the price but u can haggle with them there some nice stuff there i shop at the heathfieled varotech from time to time most of my ordering is on line tho at the cleaning werehouse , wcw ,upvccleaningsuplies, gardners, ect

Just received my Ultimate Dupoint Hybrid and its really sad that I can't wait for the morning to use it.. 

I hope it doesn't stick to the glass  :1f633:

Just received my Ultimate Dupoint Hybrid and its really sad that I can't wait for the morning to use it.. 

I hope it doesn't stick to the glass  :1f633:
You will love it, only time I change my DuPont is when I have leaded glass.

You will love it, only time I change my DuPont is when I have leaded glass.

Yea I see what you mean.. I did actually ask Alex before purchasing the brush and he said it would be a good brush for both but I have to disagree. Imo it is not a good brush for leaded windows which is a shame as most of my round is leaded windows.  :1f61e:

I did however love it on plain pains.

Hopefully they release a 0 degree angled DuPont.

Get a ultimate flock or ATM gardiner are doing the super lite compact for half price both are great brushes for leaded the latter is a bit heavier though, we have days where we only clean leaded no need for 0 degree brush.

Get a ultimate flock or ATM gardiner are doing the super lite compact for half price both are great brushes for leaded the latter is a bit heavier though, we have days where we only clean leaded no need for 0 degree brush.

Thanks Den, this one right? http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/ultimate-brushes/ultimatetm-flocked-brush-now-in.html It's going on the end of a Xtreme 25 so the lighter the better.

Do you find this one runs over the lead smoother than the new DuPont then? 

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks Den, this one right? http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/ultimate-brushes/ultimatetm-flocked-brush-now-in.html It's going on the end of a Xtreme 25 so the lighter the better.

Do you find this one runs over the lead smoother than the new DuPont then? 

Thanks for the advice.
Yes mate best I have used on leaded that’s what I use, got my son the super lite compact which is also good on leaded, we go thru flock brushes quickly due to the amount of leaded and old wooden windows. 

I do a few listed buildings with very delicate lead windows and always use the ultimate flock for them.

Ultimate flocked is my favurt brush at the minit using hot water

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It’s a good brush, but the DuPont is a winner for me don’t know what it’s lije with hot though.

Yes mate best I have used on leaded that’s what I use, got my son the super lite compact which is also good on leaded, we go thru flock brushes quickly due to the amount of leaded and old wooden windows. 

I do a few listed buildings with very delicate lead windows and always use the ultimate flock for them.

It’s a good brush, but the DuPont is a winner for me don’t know what it’s lije with hot though.

Great, I will grab one later and hopefully that will do the trick. 

Thanks again Den.

Back