Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help my pump has stopped, can anybody help, please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

GtrMan

Hi, I have recently started pole cleaning. I purchased a water genie... After many teething problems, I had my first good problem free day on Tuesday 19th. Now yesterday I came to use it again and the pump seems to be asleep... It runs but doesn't either suck water or pump water.. Even when turned up full... Any ideas... I need to get out to work again on the 27th. And the company I bought from are shut for Christmas ....  Any help would be much appreciated thanks

If you connect a piece of hose to the outlet side, can you suck water through it with your mouth with the other side connected up to your water supply - ie tank, plastic container etc?

The reasons the pump doesn't pump water are;

1. connected up incorrectly.  Inlet to outlet. Inlet is the top connector from the photo I've seen.

2. dirt on the seat on the non return valve inside the pump head.

3. Sucking air on the inlet side of the pump. These pump boxes use Hozelok connectors which are prone to not sealing properly on the inlet.

I see they use a prefilter that Shurflo use. Is the filter bowl securely in place with a fibre gasket to stop air being sucked in?

Last edited by a moderator:
You will get airlocks within hose from tank outlet to box inlet first thing on a morning after i have filled my tank, I will disconnect hose  from pumpbox and let water run on to the ground to get rid of airlock then reconnect and run the pump for 30 seconds or so,

This can happen through a working day from time to time depending on were you're driving up and down hill, Buy some spare hozelock type fittings and keep on your van as they will fail overtime. 

Hi Iron Giant. 
Thank you for the tip s.. I am learning all the time. 
[emoji6] 
No worries, I use a pump box as well so I am aware of airlock issue, You are best having spares of most things as this will avoid you having to knock off work as things can be sorted whilst out working.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back