Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ro system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jojo

hi all ok im new to all this and need a bit of help

just bought a 150gpd ro and not sure if i have set it up right my ts reading out of the tap is 250

after going through the ro its 150 the waste water is just a trickle out the pipe

have i set it up right any help

thanks

when your water comes through your RO it should read 0000. do you have DI to polish of your water after your filters

on your RO

It will take long time using 150gpd maybe fit boaster pump you will have to run it all day

if your using alot of water every day dont think your ro is big enough

it has a built di cartridge like i say waste water is a trickle and the good water is running out fast but tds is still hi

(is the waste water pipe the one with the flush tap)

thats right the tap should be kept tight when your producing your water

your waste should be coming out fast and your pure with less pressure

your reading should be 0000 before it goes through your di disconnect and see what your readings are

should be around 60-80 mark then your di polishes it of

thanks i think i have somthing wrong will have to check it out like i say i have hardly any waste water

Did you flush it for a good hour before using it.

Have you got membrane in the right way. (I made this mistake)

Mines a 250gpd & my water is 276 & comes out at 13. It has a booster pump & once goes through my di it's 000.

Waste comes out twice as fast as good.

Something dont sound right. Booster pump may help if not got one.

Sounds to me you've got your waste/good water flows the wrong way round

Close the tap some more, waste flow should be quite a lot and good water should be a trickle

If its similar to mine then yes the tap on the waste is how you flush it, just open the tap fully so you get full water flow, flush it for 20-30 mins then close it slightly till you get about 25% flow into your tank(good water) and 75% waste or there abouts but keep checking your tds readings on the good side, altering the flow rates will alter your tds readings

hi keir when i open close the tap they is not much difference in the waste flow just a trickle but loads out the good water pipe

i will check the filters are in right tomorrow if no good will phone the suppliers up

Hang on,, the di is built in int it? Disconnect the di so you are checking the flow through the ro part only

yes it looks like this but only 1 membrane on the top

251382889484_2.jpg

Right, so i take it that the 3rd vertical filter is your ro? And the top horizontal one is the di?

your pure water is connected to your di

your waste is connected where your tap is

after flushing with the tap open

then close tap pure water into van

hope this makes sense

hi dunce it makes sense but its not giving me any pure water

and no waste its like the waste and pure are coming out the same pipe if you get what i mean

Hahaha you know him then eh? Only kidding duncs

Ok so you connect your tap/hose to the right hand filter 1st which is a sediment filter? Which then goes into the middle one which is the carbon? Then it goes into your ro? Then it goes through the di?

yes thats right and it still reads about 150 ok so after i flush it do i close the tap shut or leave it open a little way

Same here duncs

If it was mine i would disconnect the ro from the di and see what its reading from just the 1st three filters because their the ones doing the bulk of the work, the di jo should just polish what comes out of them down to 000

Back