Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner slx sections 8 and 9 x 2 bought and never used as it was a misjudged measurement on my account , brand new g

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Can't unfortunately, I bought 8x2 9x2 by mistake for one job and by the time I opened the box and realised my mistake I had missed there cut off point . I did emaila and explain but they were having none of it ... was even willing to just except credit and pay for the postage back

Can't unfortunately, I bought 8x2 9x2 by mistake for one job and by the time I opened the box and realised my mistake I had missed there cut off point . I did emaila and explain but they were having none of it ... was even willing to just except credit and pay for the postage back
@oranlaw sorry to hear that mate, sounds a bit harsh - I thought maybe they'd let you send them back as it's obvious they are brand new.

Hi Oran

I have checked this order through and these were delivered to you on 1st of August and then you contacted us explaining your error on 5th August. We straight away issued you a returns number and even offered to arrange at-cost collection if needed as is our standard policy. We did at that point remind that they needed to be returned within 14 days of contacting us and 28 days of original receipt of goods.

These were not returned and you did not contact us again until 11th of September - we realise life can get pretty busy, but we do have to set a cut-off for returns.

The longer goods are being stored elsewhere the greater the likelihood of them picking up marks or handling damage - that means that if they do then come back like this,they would not be able to be re-stocked by us as 'new goods' and we could therefore not offer any refund, but you would still have incurred courier charges.

At this point the best I can offer is that you send these items back within the next 7 days and we inspect them. If they are in perfect condition with no handling marks or scuffs then we would offer a full refund, minus shipping charge and a 15% re-stocking fee. However if they come back with even the smallest of marks we probably would only be able to offer a partial refund and we would sell them on as marked or ex-demo. PM me if this is of interest.

Often the best option is to offer them for sale on eBay or similar- often our products sell for more on eBay than we sell them for new :)

Hi Oran

I have checked this order through and these were delivered to you on 1st of August and then you contacted us explaining your error on 5th August. We straight away issued you a returns number and even offered to arrange at-cost collection if needed as is our standard policy. We did at that point remind that they needed to be returned within 14 days of contacting us and 28 days of original receipt of goods.

These were not returned and you did not contact us again until 11th of September - we realise life can get pretty busy, but we do have to set a cut-off for returns.

The longer goods are being stored elsewhere the greater the likelihood of them picking up marks or handling damage - that means that if they do then come back like this,they would not be able to be re-stocked by us as 'new goods' and we could therefore not offer any refund, but you would still have incurred courier charges.

At this point the best I can offer is that you send these items back within the next 7 days and we inspect them. If they are in perfect condition with no handling marks or scuffs then we would offer a full refund, minus shipping charge and a 15% re-stocking fee. However if they come back with even the smallest of marks we probably would only be able to offer a partial refund and we would sell them on as marked or ex-demo. PM me if this is of interest.

Often the best option is to offer them for sale on eBay or similar- often our products sell for more on eBay than we sell them for new :)
@oranlaw Exceptionally generous offer from Gardiner mate. Save you alot of time and hassle if they are not needed.

I asked him about the offer but he then revoked it despite putting the offer in response to the Google review as well . I didn't see his message on here until after I reviewed.

Hi Oran

Just to clarify this and in response to your PM to me:

My offer to extend the return time for you was made at 8:59 yesterday morning - this was genuinely offered to try and assist - screenshot below shows time of my posting of this:

Screenshot 2024-09-27 093320.png

You then posted your negative critical 2-star google review 25 minutes later at 9:24 - screenshot below of the time of your review:
2024-09-26 22.06.13.jpg

I did not make this offer in response to your negative google review.

When I read your 2-star review I decided that it would best if our two companies ceased to be in a business relationship so when you later contacted me about the return I revoked the returns offer and explained why.

I asked him about the offer but he then revoked it despite putting the offer in response to the Google review as well . I didn't see his message on here until after I reviewed.
To be fair to Alex, he originally agreed to the return on 5th August which was as per t&c. You didn't return the items but over a month later you contacted them again to return but they stuck to their t&c - fair enough.

Then you post on a public forum and Alex again offers to take them back subject to inspection & restocking fee - very fair as extra work/cost for them.

You then for some reason decide to post a 2 star Google review why didn't you post that earlier?

You can't blame Alex for rescinding the offer after a negative review. I know it's a business but how do you feel when you try and help a customer and they post negative reviews publicly about you and your company? Small business, such as your own (I am guessing here) are run very personally and I know I feel any negativity or smear on my business very personally - it hurts. Alex has put huge amounts of efforts in providing us decent products and trying to go beyond t&c and what he is required to do by law and in return he gets a 2 star review.

On another point, I have no idea if you are vat registered or not, but if you are then you would probably claim the 20% vat back and then sell the items at no loss to yourself or if the person buying them was vat registered and you are not they could buy them from Gardiners and claim the vat back making them the same price and have the full support of Alex.

Just so you know, I have no affiliation with @Alex Gardiner or his company and I will be buying a new slx22 from him this weekend as I feel his products are good quality and when ever I have contacted them they have tried to help me.

To be fair to Alex, he originally agreed to the return on 5th August which was as per t&c. You didn't return the items but over a month later you contacted them again to return but they stuck to their t&c - fair enough.

Then you post on a public forum and Alex again offers to take them back subject to inspection & restocking fee - very fair as extra work/cost for them.

You then for some reason decide to post a 2 star Google review why didn't you post that earlier?

You can't blame Alex for rescinding the offer after a negative review. I know it's a business but how do you feel when you try and help a customer and they post negative reviews publicly about you and your company? Small business, such as your own (I am guessing here) are run very personally and I know I feel any negativity or smear on my business very personally - it hurts. Alex has put huge amounts of efforts in providing us decent products and trying to go beyond t&c and what he is required to do by law and in return he gets a 2 star review.

On another point, I have no idea if you are vat registered or not, but if you are then you would probably claim the 20% vat back and then sell the items at no loss to yourself or if the person buying them was vat registered and you are not they could buy them from Gardiners and claim the vat back making them the same price and have the full support of Alex.

Just so you know, I have no affiliation with @Alex Gardiner or his company and I will be buying a new slx22 from him this weekend as I feel his products are good quality and when ever I have contacted them they have tried to help me.
I don't know, only the OP knows the truth, but I would've thought the OP hadn't read the generous offer given to him by @Alex Gardiner when he posted the review. If he had read it then the fault lays squarely at his feet.

I hadn't read his Message when I reviewed otherwise I would of responded to that first because clearly the opposite is not logical. I didn't post on here for a massive conversation about Gardiner terms and Conditions I just wanted to sell some poles and acknowledged my mistakes in my purchase but imo gave a fair review, I've not publicly smeared anyone. I reviewed a company I used and wasn't satisfied with, it wasn't personal and didn't post on this forum to bash Alex or gardiner in engaged in the post and brought the review into .

I don't believe in living off past glory.
If I cleaned your windows 10 years ago but turned up today and did a rubbish job I'm a rubbish window cleaner .

I have previously reviewed gardiner 5 stars for product and great service.

Since that review I've bought poles sections brushes back pack and parts as I say a loyal customer. There delivery company failed to deliver 2 poles on one occasion because of a mistake by the delivery company. I had to do a 2 hour round trip to collect it from a depot and received no compensation I didn't review gardiner then either when perhaps I could of .

I made a mistake when I purchased i emailed them , life got busy I didn't send it back in time I'm and idiot . I thought I could perhaps have received some leeway I didn't and found the communication poor.

Back