Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Damage to window sills.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have a couple of customers who recently had new fascias and soffits fitted and the fitters managed to get some sort of silicone or adhesive on the glass. I have told the customers I can't get it off and to speak to the fitters.
Gotta be done mate otherwise its like a builders clean which I dont have time to do, fair enough for those who want to. I did one years ago and never again, thankless job that was too.

I do the same now there a lot of traders not cleaning up after themselves I had some painters doing a hotel I clean and they splashed paint on every window they were in the garden I walked past and said the the owners I don’t do paint removal anymore due to glass scratches as I walked off painter said don’t make your problems my problems I just smiled and walked off next visit the painter had cleaned it all off 🤣
I have a mate that is a painter and decorator, he got me into one of the PM companies I do. He painted a couple of blocks where I cleaned the windows, and his workers left quite a few paint splashes on the windows.
When we were out for a bite to eat I asked him did he get a really good price for the job, something we never ask each other. When he asked why I said because you painted most of the windows as well, he didn't see the funny side of it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It can happen in most trades though people claiming they are professionals and will do the best job but it turns out they aren't unfortunately customers only find this out when it's too late.

It honestly baffles me why some people get their windows painted at all, one that springs to mind on an estate I do got theirs done as it won't have been cheap it's a big 3 storey house full scaffolding right around the house the windows the house builder installed less than 10 years ago of poor quality and look bodged on most houses, silk purse and sows ear springs to mind
My Dad's favourite expression.

Back