Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner xtreme pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thanks for that link. I was concerned about flaking as I’ve used 2 part gorilla epoxy in the past at the top and bottom of section no.1 and have had it flake off.
I only apply very light coats usually 2 at first once the first coat is touch dry leave in the sun for 30 minutes then apply a third coat leave in the sun as long as possible or place sections on a radiator in the house to cure it fully then leave in the house overnight and reassemble the following morning

I only apply very light coats usually 2 at first once the first coat is touch dry leave in the sun for 30 minutes then apply a third coat leave in the sun as long as possible or place sections on a radiator in the house to cure it fully then leave in the house overnight and reassemble the following morning
Nice bit of sunshine today. Having a crack at mine this morning. Thanks for the tips

Super - it's worth noting that the current Xtreme Gardiners sell is the third iteration - it's supposed to have moved on a bit from v1 & v2 which they advertise as being...

"The most rigid compact pole type in our range
Lightness & Rigidity - 15% more rigid and 20% stronger than previous Series-II Xtreme poles"

Sounds like SLX would be best for you - an Xtreme would likely not shrug off a 'stood on' incident and a bit iffy on the dropping tbh? 
Think I would have to agree with NoName if your having frequent incidents like you’ve described. The extra benefit from going super light is only really necessary if you need to. 

i just buy a new xtreme 25 every year now....they dont last long but they sure make your working days a lot easier......i use mine constantly day in/day out......dont be fooled into thinking an SLX is just like working all day with an xtreme....its not!

i have lots of awkward windows on some parts of my round so the xtreme 25 is the perfect pole for me.....

i just buy a new xtreme 25 every year now....they dont last long but they sure make your working days a lot easier......i use mine constantly day in/day out......dont be fooled into thinking an SLX is just like working all day with an xtreme....its not!

i have lots of awkward windows on some parts of my round so the xtreme 25 is the perfect pole for me.....
Thank you for your advice ?? Is it perfect due for the awkward ones due to how rigid it is? 

As Dasmond says, If you have to clean lots of windows that are in awkward places where you cannot stand directly beneath them leaving you to clean them at difficult angles you will likely notice a real difference. Reason being that the difference in weight between the Xtreme and the same length SL-X or CL-X will really be noticeable due to the lower angles you will be working at. The reason for this is due to the laws of leverage and inertia. 
The difference in weight between an Xtreme 22 and an SL-X 22 is about 600g (just over1/2lb). That may not sound a lot but once you extend that pole and start working with it you do notice it no matter what anybody says. Of course the younger and fitter you are will determine how much you notice it.

It has to be said though that some like the extra weight. And some like a more flexible pole to work with. It is very much a personal preference thing. Add in the cost and you have an fun decision to make.

My Xtreme 22 ploughed through about £80,000 worth of work before I had to replace the first section (no.3) and another £40,000 before I had to replace the next one (no.2). Personally I consider that to be an expense my business can afford 

I'm currently using an SLX22, I hoping once I get my grant through to be getting an Xtreme22. I took 4 weeks off when the lockdown was first announced and now that I'm back to work boy can I feel it all over again so I'm defo getting an Xtreme.

Back