Gardiners backpack charging up help needed.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by johnny bravo, Jan 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. johnny bravo

for some reason my backpack just stopped today, charged up last night , green light comes on, fully charged up i thought, untill today.
    got back home and put charger in, went green , left in to see if charger will get warm as it normally does for an hour. still cold.

i plugged charger in again ant backpack going great, lots of power. green lights on backpack itself showing all charged.
    unpluged and dead again.

charger or battery. ? been looking around for another charger but all different adapters.
    anyone had a similar scenario.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Might be worth checking the leads to the battery as they sometimes come off so I've heard. Also check the battery at the same time as might be fooked. Those flow swtiches also go bad too so it could be a number of things not just a faulty charger.

3. johnny bravo

im going to opperate tomorrow, ill open her up to see if any leads or anything loose ,

4. JASY1974

JASY1974 Newcomer

If its new its recommended that you charge a further 3 hours for the 1st 2 charges to prolong battery life after this you can charge normally hope this works .

5. Posh

Posh Hero

The two things I had problems with at the start was the leads loose & the controller harking out.

6. JASY1974

JASY1974 Newcomer

Hope I don't have these problems mine been working a treat touch wood.its only 3 weeks old,instructions say charge for a further 3 hours for 1st 2 charges then charge as normal hope this helps for you if not technical department at Gardiner.

7. johnny bravo

its 114 months old, operated this morning, open battery surgery, the positive artery had snapped off its terminal, went to lidl and bought a soldering iron, ive always wanted one. scraped old soldering off terminal, placed wire into terminal hole and soldered it on. opperation was a success. full health check. it has now passed.
    :)

8. DanielT

DanielT Active Member

Gardiner make some quality gear. 9.5 year old backpack, and it's still going strong

9. Wack a voltmeter on charger ?

10. johnny bravo

ha haaaaa, 14 months old

Advertisement