Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

bronze wool

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark

can anyone suggest were to get bronze wool pads cheaper than ebay.theres one seller on there, but major expensive.£15.00 4 one square strip.

thank m8.im gonna try the bronze wool as its supposed to be better than the white pads 4 the gardiners super scraper.im sick n tired of these yellow blobs on the windows.this stuff is supposed to be just the trick.:thumbsup:just getting them at the right price.

i just ordered some this morning from a lad called scott denning, he's on fb, if you buy 3 its £32.25 and free postage or £10.75 for one & you pay p&p

thanks very much didn't expect such a quick reply.thats much cheaper.just the job.have you bought off him b4 & how does he take payment.

Those yellow blobs come off with a touch of virosol or ubik on the brush

Saves scraping

I did make a velcro scraper for my brush for bird shite etc but not needed it even on bad new cleans with my asda eco washing up liquid and virosol mix squirted on the brush..not any harder to rinse either

will give it a go m8,i use ubik anyway so il try this.i did a big house the other week, it was plastered with these yellow spots.had 2 get the ladders out in the end,it was on a dangerous sloping canopy.the customer was insistant on me removing them.i must be mad.it was a nightmare they were baked on.

I mix ubik or virosol with washing up liquid just so it is a bit thicker and doesn't wash away before you can scrub it

Asda eco or ecover is best i think as it is clear and not too soapy

thank m8.im gonna try the bronze wool as its supposed to be better than the white pads 4 the gardiners super scraper.im sick n tired of these yellow blobs on the windows.this stuff is supposed to be just the trick.:thumbsup:just getting them at the right price.

What exactly are these dreaded yellow blobs?

Scott dennings aren't bronze they're brass. Goggle bladeright cleaning supplies, Lee Martin I'm sure his are bronze they're around a tenner each.

Scott dennings aren't bronze they're brass. Goggle bladeright cleaning supplies, Lee Martin I'm sure his are bronze they're around a tenner each.
well he told me they were bronze when i ordered them ??

Nope. Brass, similar but slightly different alloy. For scrubbing theyll do same job but unsure if it would scratch at all.

if thats right im not too happy about that then cos i asked him about bronze pads, brass was never mentioned in the whole conversation

I've seen 0000 super fine STEEL wool advertised for cleaning glass so I'm sure it's fine. Just text on a small hidden area first /emoticons/wink.png

I've seen 0000 super fine STEEL wool advertised for cleaning glass so I'm sure it's fine. Just text on a small hidden area first /emoticons/wink.png
ive used steel wool myself years ago with mdr & it worked well, but these are pads, so easy to attatch to a pole,anyway i've checked & they are definately bronze

Why the disagree?? It's what i use..how can you disagree as that means you're saying that's not what i use?????

Not sure how you would check Simon and Scott has said many many times on Facebook that they are brass and brass is not bronze.

Will do same job if all you want is a scrubber. Can't comment on the other supposed properties of bronze wool though.

Back